Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I dont do diaper bags. Too big and bulky. I buy those cheap canvas target purses and use those. Diaper, wipes, butt cream, extra onesie, burp blanket, done. I nurse so no bottle.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diaper Bags!

with DD, when we are going to a simple place (grocery, restaurant, etc), I just take a large purse. Diaper, wipes, wetbag, wallet, couple books, couple easy snacks and done.

but I can't fit yet another cloth diaper in there.

most of the time when we go somewhere though, I'm changing DD atleast 2-3 times and I need to carry a snack for her. I keep diapers and such in the car, but that can be a pain.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
with DD, when we are going to a simple place (grocery, restaurant, etc), I just take a large purse. Diaper, wipes, wetbag, wallet, couple books, couple easy snacks and done.

but I can't fit yet another cloth diaper in there.

most of the time when we go somewhere though, I'm changing DD atleast 2-3 times and I need to carry a snack for her. I keep diapers and such in the car, but that can be a pain.
Is your dd able to carry a little backpack?? I got my dd (26m) a little one and now she carries her own stuff
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I have this LUG bag

It holds a bunch of diaper (easily 8+ med/lrg diapers) plus snack, wet bags, and all my purse stuff.
I bought it for myself for xmas when Levi was 6 months old... so I've had it 2 years now - looks still in new condition, though it could use a wash.
Ooh, I have a carry-on/gym type LUG bag and I *LOVE* it!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First kid, so I splurged on a Harvey's Seatbelt Bag diaper bag. All of my purses are Harvey's, so I know how durable they are, as well as the fact that they last FOREVER without looking worn. I can also send it back to the manufacturer to be cleaned. Mine is nice and big, seems like it'll work out well for me. Plus, it's not girly looking, so it won't be an issue for DH.

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/diaper-bag-treecycle.html
Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Is your dd able to carry a little backpack?? I got my dd (26m) a little one and now she carries her own stuff
no.. she loves to wear a little backpack when it's empty, but when it's full she doesn't want to wear it.

but that is a good idea.

but then you also have to keep track of 2 things.. I am all about simplicity. I never wear a coat because I'm like 'who wants to keep track of an extra coat?' when all we're doing is going from the car to a building. DH keeps taking coats and I'm like 'clearly you don't have enough to deal with' lol.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love my JuJuBe diaper bags! I have used a Be Spicy for years, but splurged on a Be Have this time. I wanted something that didnt look like a diaper bag anymore. This fit the bill perfectly!

Last edited by Mom2ManyBlessings; 02-19-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We get backpacks at the thrift store for a big brother/sister to wear. That becomes their "job."
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #19
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I 2nd (3rd?) the older kids wearing back packs idea! When I had the older 3 (3.5, 1.5, newborn), I always had the older 2 carry stuff for me - it gives me a free hand or 2, and it slows them down!

There's not really any way I can get away with just a small bag or purse - cloth takes up more space than disposables, and when we go to town it's almost always for hours to the full day away from home. I usually have the diaper bag fully packed, plus an extra wet bag with clean diapers in the van to restock the diaper bag halfway through the day!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings
I love my JuJuBe diaper bags! I have used a Be Spicy for years, but splurged on a Be Have this time. I wanted something that didnt look like a diaper bag anymore. This fit the bill perfectly!
Oooh, I like! I'm not a huge jjb fan because they seem so heavy even when they are empty to me. I love my fleurville sling totes, but I think I'm going to upgrade to something a little bigger this time .