Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I posted a few weeks ago about a yeast infection. Well that cleared up in my nether regions but I'm pretty sure I have a candida outbreak on my face.

Plus my ds2 apparently has it on his penis. It was swollen badly so we took him to the er. They just prescribed antifungal cream and to keep him dry.

I'm guessing I need to do a sugar/wheat free diet? Anything else I can do for my ds2? And anything topical for my face besides anti fungal cream?

I feel like crying. We are extremely clean people but I feel like we are just swimming in a cesspool of yeast at this point.

Advertisement

Last edited by menthomas; 12-13-2012 at 01:59 PM.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Facial candida

Probiotics and greatly reduced sugar.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
aimeelee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, your poor little boy. Probiotics are a definite help. You could also google for candida cleanses, but that means some seriously restricted eating. Cook with coconut oil, use grapefruit seed extract, and cut out as many simple sugars as you can: rice, potatoes, gluten, sugars. Yeast feeds on glucose. Raw garlic helps as well. It's a natural and potent anti-fungal.
aimeelee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
aimeelee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, I have what I believe is exfoliative cheilitis on my lips...the entire surface peels off about once every two-three days or so, which is probably caused by yeast. I'm a very yeasty person, and I've been meaning to make a lip balm from coconut oil, tea tree oil, and bee's wax. I have the time tonight, so in a few days, I'll let you know how that's going.

Last edited by aimeelee76; 12-14-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo
aimeelee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelee76
Also, I have what I believe is exfoliative cheilitis on my lips...the entire surface peels off about one every two-three days or so, which is probably caused by yeast. I'm a very yeasty person, and I've been meaning to make a lip balm from coconut oil, tea tree oil, and bee's wax. I have the time tonight, so in a few days, I'll let you know how that's going.
Hmmm I hadn't thought about my lips. They have been very dry and peely lately. That may have something to do with yeast also.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
magoose
Registered Users

Grapefruit seed extract, coconut oil and Calendula oil work great on yeast. My boys tend to get yeast rashes here and there and Weleda Calendula cream worked great on it. Weleda's entire line contains calendula, so there's probably some kind of cream that would work for you.