Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
TNT46131
Registered Users
seller

Moving states while pregnant..

So, I just need to discuss this with other pregnant Mommas... Hubby came home last night from truck driving school and said he'd gotten a job offer from a company (I think it's Warner) who offered him great pay, great insurance, incentive to move, and paid some towards the move. It sounds great, but right now I'm 17w4d and I'd be 20+ weeks when we'd be moving. I absolutely love my midwife and doulas and really don't want to be looking for new ones. I've had some complications and my midwife has helped and (I believe) saved this pregnancy.
My older sister, a doula, lives in Kentucky (where we'd be moving to from Indiana) and she says they have some wonderful midwives there I feel bad for selfishly not wanting to leave when this is such a great opportunity for him and our growing family. Maybe I could travel home for my apts till they become weekly? Idk. I'm sure we'd work it out, it just seems like a HUGE move... I'm willing to do it, I just feel like its going to be overwhelming to look for a place, find a midwife I like, and move... Idk.
Anyone go through this before? Was it as bad as you thought?

Advertisement

TNT46131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Mack
Registered Users
seller

I just did. husband was getting out of the Navy. It was scheduled for September 28th. I was due November fifth. And husband was looking for job. In June and July we had absolutely no idea where we're going to be going. So we planned for me to go back to Pennsylvania his family was since that is where we were hoping to find a job. I knew that wherever we were going and ended up if I left at the end of September I would be 36 weeks along. We knew it would be difficult for me to travel this far along much more important planning a doctor this late in the game. I loved my doctor in Florida. I knew I was going to get the exact type of birth I wanted in that hospital.

I decided it would be better for me to go at 32 weeks to Pennsylvania and find a doctor that point. It worked out marvelously. I hired a doula and had a great birth experience.

He ended up getting a job in Louisiana so I delivered in Pennsylvania and 2 weeks later moved to New Orleans
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
TNT46131
Registered Users
seller

Re: Moving states while pregnant..

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm nervous about finding a midwife that I'll like and is willing to work with what we want. I guess since I'll only be 20 some weeks that it won't be bad and I'll have a little time to 'shop' around if I need to... I just LOVE mine! :-(
TNT46131 is offline   Reply With Quote