Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mucus plug?

I never noticed the loss of my mucus plug with the girls so forgive me lol I just found a lot thick greenish yellowy discharge. I thought the plug was normally brownish or off white so Im wondering if prehaps mine is just an odd color or if its an infection. If it could be an infection what should I do-I only ask b/c Im going in in the morning to be induced so would I call my doc today or just wait til I get to the hospital?

Advertisement

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
GenevaL
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mucus plug?

I am not a medical professional, but I think quite a few are a greenish color. It may be worth calling your doc to mention you are losing it and the color, but I think since you are seeing your doc in the morning anyway, you will get the attention you need if anything is "off"

Little one on the way! :-)
Old 12-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I might call today just to be sure. If there is any kind of infection, they might want to start you on antibiotics early. My plug w/DS was pretty much normal mucus-colored but slightly yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think it is urs. Mines clear & sometimes greenish.....
Old 12-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The mucus plug, like all other mucus that comes out of your body, can be clear, yellow, green, brownish or blood-tinged. The blood-tinged and brown is generally the part that comes out as you are dilating and getting close to full-blown labor. The green/ yellow parts are generally at the bottom. It grows back usually when it falls out early. I've lost a little here and there in my current pregnancy. My mucus plug has always had some greenish hue to it and never had any trouble or suspicion of infection.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote