Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
yoga mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Clothing Destash ... I need a pep talk!

Back in the day I used to be *really* tiny (size 2) ... fast forward 5 years and three kids, and I'm no where near that size!

I have a ton of really beautiful clothes from back in the day, that I'm not fitting into, and that frankly I'm not sure I could wear again even if they did fit!

But I just can't quite bring myself to let go of them. I think I'm holding on to them ... just in case! ie, just in case I lose 60 lbs and get a fabulous out-of-the-home job. (I really can't imagine either of these things happening any time soon).

So, help me get rid of this stuff. What helped you move past holding on to things that represented your past life? Did you sell them, or give them away?

Thanks in advance ... I really can't wait to hear what some you wonderful mamas did to release your personal clothing stash

Advertisement

RADIANT BIRTH for Birth Stories, Birth Circles and Newborn News!
yoga mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Clothing Destash ... I need a pep talk!

If you really want to remember thm, take a picture of them then get rid of them.

What made me get rid of stuff was just a matter of priorities, it was more important to have a decluttered home than to have stuff.

I have 6 outfits now and 2 maternity outfits in storage and that's all I need.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got rid of the work clothes but kept the comfy clothes and jeans and casual things.

I gained a ton with my first baby but after my 2nd I lost it all. When I got pregnant again back in the bin they went and was so close but now I am pregnant again. So back in the bin.

I had a TON of things but I paires everything down significantly and only have one bin that is not filled with a couple of nice jeans and shorts that just will not go out of style.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I kept a lot of pre pregnancy clothes from before DD1. I recently pulled them out and was shocked that they fit...but no way would I wear any of them! Styles have changed just enough since then that they don't look quite right. And also, now that I have lost the weight I just want an awesome new wardrobe anyway! I will no longer keep clothes that don't fit...either too big or too small...because there re too many variables :-)
Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have daughter I'm keeping few things for but I'm getting rid of stuff too.my mom i8s like oh it doesn't fit me (broader shoulder smaller chest) yet she thinks it will fit smaller shoulders & bigger chested me..... nope not really especially since my gut is growing as will so my stuff doesn't for in my dresser for clothes as I have tons that don't for our won't fit.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #6
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly it was after I let go of the size I used to be that I started to lose weight I've never regretted letting go of the clothes.

You could try to sell the nicer things on ebay, that might help motivate you, or you could give them to a program like dress for success that helps women get back on their feet by helping them dress and otherwise prepare for job interviews. Just think of it this way, they're nice clothes that are meant to be worn, they are wasted in the back of your closet
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I loaned all my skinny clothes to my mom-told her if I lose weight I want them back. Who am I kidding-it's been years. LOL.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

I did it last night. Really got rid of and entire wardrobe. My thoughts were that if I ever get down to that size again (also 60ish lbs for me) then I deserve a whole new wardrobe!
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLump View Post
I did it last night. Really got rid of and entire wardrobe. My thoughts were that if I ever get down to that size again (also 60ish lbs for me) then I deserve a whole new wardrobe!
Doesn't it feel good to not have the ill-fitting clothes around?
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom

Doesn't it feel good to not have the ill-fitting clothes around?
Yes! Walking into my closet was making me feel bad about myself, that's ridiculous!
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote