Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What do you cover for "X" grade? Help me organzie my shelves

I am wonderful at buying things for homeschool, not quite so good at keeping it all organized and utilizing it all.

We will be moving within the next year-ish to a much smaller space and my gigantic room of stuff needs to be organized and minimized.

I will have 2-6 shelf units to put everything on after we move.

I had the idea today to organize it generally by grade. So starting with PreK thru 6th would have it's own shelf. That would take up 8 shelves leaving 4 shelves to hold games, art supplies etc

So here is where I need your help mama's. I need help organizing my shelves (at least a general idea), and I'm wondering what do you teach each year? or what do you use as your general guide? This is probably geared more to the mama's that come up with their own curriculums but I"m open to any suggestions.

I'm hoping to come up with a system to work through so to speak, not that everything on each shelf has to be covered in that exact year but just a guide, somewhere to start and somewhere to finish....

I sure hope that made sense....

Advertisement

Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you cover for "X" grade? Help me organzie my shelves

I don't know because so far, my kids have learned different things in different grades. We combine history and science as much as possible, so what my oldest did for history in 3rd grade, for instance, is not necessarily what the other two will do/have done for history in 3rd grade.

So, with that in mind (unless your kids are far enough apart that you won't be combining), you might to better to have it organized by subject, rather than grade. And then, in each subject, sort it from easiest to hardest, if you have something like that.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you cover for "X" grade? Help me organzie my shelves

I like that idea, your right that might be a bit easier......
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote