Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #21
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My first bad WIC experience

this is why I love the WIC stores that we had when we lived in San Diego. It was so nice to just go in hand my checks to them and they pull all the stuff and they even put it in my car. It was great.

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cashiers/managers treat you and future WIC shoppers worse now bc you took their juice and dumped it on the floor. I understand if their system would not allow the bogo items to be non WIC approved that they couldn't just scan approved items and give you the others instead since that would impact their inventory system and if the 2nd cashier didn't want to give you the free boxes you could have just asked to see the manager again instead of doing what you did.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson
this is why I love the WIC stores that we had when we lived in San Diego. It was so nice to just go in hand my checks to them and they pull all the stuff and they even put it in my car. It was great.
We have those here and I LOVE them. The few times I had to use the grocery store it was always a hassle. I jus take my checks in and pick what I want and they help load it in the car. Their fruits and veggies are always better than our closest grocery store too

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had the same problem with getting different container sizes of milk to equal what the check states. On our checks here it says you can do this so as to avoid the problem.

To clarify the juice spilling lol we bought it to drink in the store and on the walk home. One of the boys took a drink and put it under the stroller. The top was not secure and it started to leak out. I knew it was leaking and said F it! Let em clean it up! So no not on purpose but still not a complete accident which was the reason for the quotation marks.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #25
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh yes let's just keep circling around to the juice... Because I know every one on this thread is miss perfect angel pants and has never done something spiteful. Ugh... Get over it!

OP- I guess this issue varies by state and store unfortunately. Here you can ONLY buy store brand milk and eggs which really bugs me because I prefer to buy our local brands. But not store brand cheese? Makes no sense to me but the stores put their own rules on things above the WIC rules. Safeway used to do BOGO on eggs and things WIC approved and had to allow the promotions with their card. Well then they changed it so none of those foods are BOGO but rather buy 3 get 1 free, or 2/$X so that WIC users can't participate. Kinda lame. Even at Target they only allow specific items to go through, like the bread can ONLY be Sara Lee even though Home Pride now has a 16oz 100% WW loaf too for less. Stupid! Also, I had to get 30 things of baby food and even though the book says you can buy multipacks as long as the qty is correct, Target won't allow it. So instead of buying 5 of the 6 packs I had to literally buy 30 of the same thing individually? So silly!
I'm sorry you were treated that way and no it may not make a difference but you have the right to complain and who knows... It might help!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That sucks you were treated that way OP! I can see the reasoning on the non approved free cereal, but not when you exchanged for approved cereal. Personally, I would have just left at that point and came back when I had more tine and when the store manager would be there.
However, even though you were treated badly, I don't quite understand why they couldn't have been at least notified that juice had been spilled. Someone can slip and get pretty hurt ( I've broken my foot slipping on something slippery before and its not fun).
Two wrongs don't make a right sorta thing iykwim...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #27
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

That sucks! I shop at Vons here in my area because of the BOGO they do often and never have any issues.
They also let me get organic babyfood pouches and use some coupon code to bring the total down to the amount allowed for babyfood.
I'm sorry you had a crappy experience, definitely email the corporate and I hope you got the names of the cashier and that manager who was rude.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #28
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you had to deal w some rude people :-( i don't understand why people can be so hurtful
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

On the plus side I did get 2 18 packs of the individually wrapped baby carrot snack packs for only $.60 each. That's 36 3oz bags of snackable ready carrots the kids can take to school and I can take to work for only $1.20 Which meant I could get some pears that I hadn't planned on getting. Yummy pears.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #30
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchienurse View Post
We have those here and I LOVE them. The few times I had to use the grocery store it was always a hassle. I jus take my checks in and pick what I want and they help load it in the car. Their fruits and veggies are always better than our closest grocery store too

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I wish we had a WIC store near us. The only one in the area is right next to the WIC office that I don't go to, it's such a drive for me that it just doesn't make sense to drive over to that part of town. I wish the local WIC office that I use had a WIC store next to it.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Closed Thread