Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #131
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys View Post
I just got a few of these covers and so far so good. They feel much nice then my Flips IMO. I wish I could try one of the DS inserts, but LO has issues with bamboo
They make stay dry inserts you could try. Suedecloth.

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #132
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post

They make stay dry inserts you could try. Suedecloth.
I wondered about that, but the other side is bamboo right? I just try to avoid it all together JIC.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #133
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: UPDATE with pics and review! New Diaper Safari cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28 View Post
I wonder if Happy Flute is the manufacturer of these. I have some Happy Flute covers ordered through a co-op and they look the same, but HF is not easy to deal with directly and it's going to take awhile to get them.
They look identical to me. So it very well could be that Happy Flute is the factory that makes them.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #134
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me

They look identical to me. So it very well could be that Happy Flute is the factory that makes them.
So they are in the "china cheapies" category? Dang.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #135
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel View Post
I'm not positive, but it looks like all the Diaper Safari, Diaper Rite etc. diapers are mass produced pockets and covers from China. There is no other way for them to be so cheap in comparison to other diapers and covers.

Especially since the covers for both Diaper Safari and Diaper Junction are the same except one uses white snaps and the other colored snaps.

But I do like the elasticized back flap. I haven't seen that in any other cover before these (meaning these same covers under different names)

So far it looks as if Sassafras Diapers, Green Bees Diaper Co., Diaper Rite, Diaper Safari, and Wolbybug are all the same diaper cover.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #136
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Most diapers sold by US companies are made in China. It doesn't mean they are all crappy diapers.

Happy Flute is a PIA to work with, and after you factor in shipping to host, PayPal and co-op fees, shipping to you, and the lengthy time it takes to complete the process, you would probably be a lot happier buying from Diaper Safari.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #137
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Dang is right. I assumed they were a step up from wahm, not mass produced cheapies.

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #138
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
I'm not positive, but it looks like all the Diaper Safari, Diaper Rite etc. diapers are mass produced pockets and covers from China. There is no other way for them to be so cheap in comparison to other diapers and covers.

Especially since the covers for both Diaper Safari and Diaper Junction are the same except one uses white snaps and the other colored snaps.

But I do like the elasticized back flap. I haven't seen that in any other cover before these (meaning these same covers under different names)

So far it looks as if Sassafras Diapers, Green Bees Diaper Co., Diaper Rite, Diaper Safari, and Wolbybug are all the same diaper cover.
Yes, ITA it looks like the above mentioned brands, plus Happy flute are all manufactured in the same factory. (Alva-whether they call their factory Alva or not, IDK, but they definitely look like they are manufactured in the same factory that makes alva diapers, and has the stolen copyright prints etc).

I can't believe how widespread the rebranding issue is with alvas. They are everywhere. Easier to get here for me in Canada than many name brand diapers, although I prefer BG and FB. Just have to go onto Kijiji (like craiglist), and I can find several alva resellers in my area right away. Kinda sad really. Now even north american diaper stores are selling them under their store name. Sure if we buy from them rather than china we are still supporting NA stores and keeping our $$ here, which is always a good thing, but what about the big brands these stores also carry? Looks to me like they are in direct competition with the china cheapies, store brand diapers now. That can't be a good thing for the big brands (that are still considered small businesses) can it?

Last edited by cajsmommy; 01-26-2013 at 01:50 PM.
cajsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #139
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Happy Flute and Alva are not made in the same factory. They buy their fabric from a lot of the same sources, which is why you see so much overlap in prints.

I am not saying Happy Flute is any better or worse than Alva, just that it's not fair to call Diaper Safari covers rebranded Alvas. As far as I know, Alva doesn't even make covers.

It sounds like Diaper Safari is selling an affordable diaper cover that people really like, with awesome customer service.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #140
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28 View Post
Happy Flute and Alva are not made in the same factory. They buy their fabric from a lot of the same sources, which is why you see so much overlap in prints.

I am not saying Happy Flute is any better or worse than Alva, just that it's not fair to call Diaper Safari covers rebranded Alvas. As far as I know, Alva doesn't even make covers.

It sounds like Diaper Safari is selling an affordable diaper cover that people really like, with awesome customer service.
Oh, ok good to know! Just that I've owned both at the same time and they looked identical to me, except for the label. Their cut, fit, fabrics, snap placement and fit were all identical, so that's why I made the assumption.