Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #141
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28
Happy Flute and Alva are not made in the same factory. They buy their fabric from a lot of the same sources, which is why you see so much overlap in prints.

I am not saying Happy Flute is any better or worse than Alva, just that it's not fair to call Diaper Safari covers rebranded Alvas. As far as I know, Alva doesn't even make covers.

It sounds like Diaper Safari is selling an affordable diaper cover that people really like, with awesome customer service.
I agree 100%. They are an awesome covers and DS has great customer service. I don't mind made in China I was just hoping they weren't rebranded mass produced covers. I still love ours though.

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #142
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPDATE with pics and review! New Diaper Safari cover!

Also, I find the DS covers and Alva pockets to be cut the very same/size as well. Their colors are also identical. I have brown and red DS covers, and brown and red alvas, outer PUL is identical in every way. Doesn't mean they were manufactured in the same facility though.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #143
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a question about them them.

If they aren't safely made and may contain chemicals (or lead)? Do you think they are safe on baby if only used over a pinned flat or fitted...?

I really love ours and don't want to stop using them lol.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #144
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel View Post
I have a question about them them.

If they aren't safely made and may contain chemicals (or lead)? Do you think they are safe on baby if only used over a pinned flat or fitted...?

I really love ours and don't want to stop using them lol.
You could contact Diaper Safari and ask them for their testing results of all their fabrics and snaps.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #145
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

I don't know where Diaper Safari pocket diapers are made, but at least they aren't stock photos off the Alva website.

This thread is about their covers, which is not a product Alva makes. Happy Flute doesn't exactly mass produce covers, I know my co-op had to get them custom made and the mins per print were fairly high.

If you have concerns about their safety, contact Diaper Safari, they can send you the appropriate documentation.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #146
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did anyone ever try the stay dry tri fold inserts? Still super interested in these!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #147
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller

There is at least one manufacturer supplying the exact same covers (with matching snaps and all) on Alibaba wholesale from China with a minimum purchase of 300 and the ability to supply 3000 per day. That seems like mass production to me.
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #148
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Grovia diapers and many other popular brands are mass produced in China. If you don't want to buy products made in China, that's fine, but if you were previously happy with Diaper Safari covers, it's really stupid to change your mind because they are made in a factory that also produces diapers for other sellers and co-ops. Mass produced in China does not mean a product is crappy or dangerous. Most products we use daily in the US were mass produced in China.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #149
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28 View Post
Grovia diapers and many other popular brands are mass produced in China. If you don't want to buy products made in China, that's fine, but if you were previously happy with Diaper Safari covers, it's really stupid to change your mind because they are made in a factory that also produces diapers for other sellers and co-ops. Mass produced in China does not mean a product is crappy or dangerous. Most products we use daily in the US were mass produced in China.
I think the difference here is that while Grovia diapers are made in China, they are not available for anyone to purchase in large lots and re-brand as their own. Unlike the covers here that you can find under many different brand names. When you buy a Grovia diaper you are getting a specific diaper that you can't get under a different name. The design is specific to them. Most of the bigger diaper brands like Grovia, Fuzzibunz, Cottonbabies brands, Rumparoos, spent a long time coming up with their sewing patterns and products. Most starting out as little WAHMs who designed, sewed and sold all from their home. They moved to factory production after they could no longer keep up with the demand. It can be frustrating or disappointing to some of us to buy what you think is a new unique diaper or cover, and find that it is the exact same as a diaper or cover you already have in you stash under a different name.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #150
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Who buys a diaper that looks exactly like one they already have and expects it to be different?

I am going to buy one of these DS covers and inserts and see how they compare to the Happy Flute covers that I get. They might be the same product in different colors, but I am happy to support a US company that is working hard to provide great customer service and affordable cloth diapering products. Plus I'll get the DS cover like a month or more before I get my Happy Flutes!