Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Maybe the different brands at target run differently. These are circo. I'm going to add ruffles to the pant leg to make them longer.

This is my little lady in the shirt. It's hard to see because it's black but it bunches and clings to her.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
Mrs_B2009
Registered Users
seller

I just had this issue too. My mom bought her a super cute outfit in 12 months. It fit her fine the first time, but just a few weeks later it was way too small, but everything else 12 months fits her just fine (Carter's etc...), I also have a pair of 18 month leggings that are almost too small for her as well.
Mrs_B2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rant about target baby clothes

My kids have long torsos so I have trouble with the onsie type outfits and one piece things. She needs a 3-6 month/6 month in onsie but only a 0-3/3 month in pants.

I could have typed this vent about a number of different brands. Each one is labeled differently, cut differently. Drives me crazy. Currently DD is wearing some 0-3 month clothes, some 3-6 month clothes, some 6 month clothes and some 6-12 month, and I could go on.

Last summer I had to get DS1 shorts i ended up with: size 5 boys, size 5T, size 4 boys-- all three were different brands but exactly the same "size" when held up to each other.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree. Plus, I find they shrink very quickly. I get all my kids at least one size bigger at Target. I know that even if they seem huge, they will shrink quickly. We don't have a lot of shopping options here or I probably wouldn't buy Target clothing at all.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I'm really not a clothing snob, but in general, I find that target kids clothes tend to be sized inconsistently, and do not hold up to even normal wear.

I bought 2 yr old DS a couple pairs of target toddler gym type shorts for this past summer. within a few washes they were all screwed up and looked like crap. He is still wearing all his other brand shorts around the house and has been just like the target ones, which had to hit the trash months ago.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I found old navy to run small. Carter's is always the best size. I now always compare other clothes to carter's and go by that rather than the label.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I'm really not a clothing snob, but in general, I find that target kids clothes tend to be sized inconsistently, and do not hold up to even normal wear.

I bought 2 yr old DS a couple pairs of target toddler gym type shorts for this past summer. within a few washes they were all screwed up and looked like crap. He is still wearing all his other brand shorts around the house and has been just like the target ones, which had to hit the trash months ago.
I've also had many Target clothes come apart at the seams. It's sad because I think their girl clothes are really cute. And when you find their clothes on clearance they are cheap, cheap. Oh well.

The best quality clothes I find is Gymboree. We rarely buy them because we don't live near one and they are too expensive with 6 kids, but they hold up the best in our house.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

OP, is this your first girl? I find that girls clothing runs much different than boys clothing. Personally I take all sizing with a grain of salt. It seems like one stores 12m is another stores 3t. It's crazy. I do the eyeball test. As in "Ah...I think that will be about right, by the time it shrinks a bit."
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Why would they be trash when outgrown?
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I never go by the sizes on the tags for anything I buy b/c I never find it to be consistent.

Example - I have 2 or 3 Faded Glory (yea, I know, not name brand) onesies that are sz 18 mos that fit my 20 mo old. I have a few Faded Glory onesies that are 24 mo that fit her the exact same. And then I have a handful that are sz 24 mo that are GIGANTIC - probably won't fit her till she is closer to 3 y/o.

I have never found consistent sizing in kid's clothes. Of course, I'm shopping Wal Mart and Target, and then we have hand-me-downs for the rest. It is possible some of the higher end, more expensive brands don't have this issue. I dunno.

I always buy a size up for this reason. I can always add a stitch to the waist and take it in, or hem up some pants, or roll up some sleeves. (then you just cut the stitch as they get bigger! - saves $$) But it's a serious PITB to try to make too-small clothes fit right.

Then again, I'm a tight wad, so don't listen to me. :P
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote