Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #31
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah Old Navy runs so small! My 12 month old wears 18 months Carter's & 2T Old Navy! I can't remember how Target fits. DD1 wore a lot of Target stuff but she is tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #32
July10baby
Registered Users

I've bought a few onesie shirts from Target when my son was smaller, and didn't love the quality. Same for Carter's, I just don't like it... At 16 month 95% of his wardrobe is Gymbo. It doesn't shrink, fade, etc. it's also sized consistently.... I would much rather spend more for clothes that will last through multiple children.
July10baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rant about target baby clothes

Amazing how differently babies and toddlers are shaped! Both my DS's have never been higher than the 25%tile and have been pretty true to size for most major brands. I find that Circo runs a tad on the larger side, Carters true to size as well as Old Navy. Then my 32lb 3 year old can still wear 2t pants without issue. 3t fits but are usuallytoo long and a bit big on the waist

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by July10baby
I've bought a few onesie shirts from Target when my son was smaller, and didn't love the quality. Same for Carter's, I just don't like it... At 16 month 95% of his wardrobe is Gymbo. It doesn't shrink, fade, etc. it's also sized consistently.... I would much rather spend more for clothes that will last through multiple children.
I think I have an aversion to Gymboree. My very first job was working at one of the retail stores. (1996!) Hearing the songs that they play in the store brings back up flashbacks to entire Wednesday evenings where I only sold a pair of socks. I'm not sure if they do it anymore but it used to be that raises were based on a formula.

They took your average sale, the average price of each item you sold, and then divided that by the numbers of hours you worked. That number was applied to a chart. If you didn't make a certain quota you didn't get a raise. I was 16 and worked a lot of weeknights. Harried moms running in for 3 socks for $9. My per item was super low compared to the women that only worked Saturdays and sold whole outfit combinations to grandmothers.

That being said, if you like a certain pattern/color line combo the quality can't be beat. My mom used to use the discount to clothe my little sister.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #35
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

i think it has a lot to do with girls clothes for whatever reason. i've never had any sizing problems with my 5yr old son (except when he was too tall for a 4, but too thin for a 5... not targets problem, lol), but my sister has a heck of a time getting the right size and right fit for her step daughter who is just a couple of months younger

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #36
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
Amazing how differently babies and toddlers are shaped! Both my DS's have never been higher than the 25%tile and have been pretty true to size for most major brands. I find that Circo runs a tad on the larger side, Carters true to size as well as Old Navy. Then my 32lb 3 year old can still wear 2t pants without issue. 3t fits but are usuallytoo long and a bit big on the waist

see for us it was opposite- target fits pretty good, but carters runs a little big... funny how that works

and gymboree is huge in the waist on him. we've had a few pairs of hand me down pants, and hes never actually been able to wear them- by the time the waist fits, theyre too short. we actually recently got rid of a pair of 3t pants he never wore, because at almost 5, they were still falling off, but way too short

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote