Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Okay, not sure exactly what anyone can do for me, but I am hoping that you other thrifty mamas can help me think of a brilliant plan. Right now we are in a tight situation. I used to babysit my best friend's little boy but they moved, and now we are in a very tight spot. We are about $500 behind on bills. The good news is that we don't have any credit cards, but the bad news is we have very little to live on this month. We have our budget worked out on paper, but we are still short. Plus, we have had many unexpected expenses recently (septic disaster, emergency vet bills, car mainanence, etc.).

I am willing to get a job, but I can't afford child care for my 3 year old. We have about $60 to live on until next Friday, that is assuming nothing happens. Thanks for any suggestions.

Update: I sold our old iPhone for $81 after shipping costs! Yay! And my hubby was able to borrow some money from a dear friend until February, zero interest to pay the bills. I am so relieved. I am still in shock that the phone sold for that much! Thank you, mamas, for all you encouragement and advice, and for the mamas waiting on info about the logo sets I haven't forgot about you I am still waiting to hear from the first mama in line.

Second update: nevermind on the iPhone, the buyer backed out! Oh, well maybe someone else will buy it this week. Ugh!

Advertisement

Last edited by Shellyluwho; 12-10-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Shellyluwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I Need To Earn Money ASAP

Do you have anything you can sell on craiglist? Could you work at night stocking shelves or something while your dh is home with the kids? This wouldn't get you $ right away though. I think your best bet it to sell some things.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Sell on eBay Craigslist and here. Price to sell. Or have a garage sale
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

I think you are right- I am going to spend the day going through each room to see if I can sell anything. Also, we were recently given some appliances in my kitchen and the old ones are just sitting in the carport. I don't know if anyone would want my old stove, but it is worth a shot. We have about a dozen lego sets that I bet we could sell, and an AT&T iPhone 3 that I bet I could sell on ebay. The stocking shelves as night is a great idea. Maybe Wal-Mart or a local grocery store would hire me this weekend. Thank you!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
Sell on eBay Craigslist and here. Price to sell. Or have a garage sale
Great idea! Thank you
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyluwho

Great idea! Thank you
No prob if you need any help shoot be a message on Facebook (I'm on there more than here lol)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyluwho View Post
I think you are right- I am going to spend the day going through each room to see if I can sell anything. Also, we were recently given some appliances in my kitchen and the old ones are just sitting in the carport. I don't know if anyone would want my old stove, but it is worth a shot. We have about a dozen lego sets that I bet we could sell, and an AT&T iPhone 3 that I bet I could sell on ebay. The stocking shelves as night is a great idea. Maybe Wal-Mart or a local grocery store would hire me this weekend. Thank you!
I'm sure you could get something for the appliances, anything is better than nothing!! And it sounds like you have some other good stuff too! I doubt you'd have any problem selling the iPhone or legos. Good luck!
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
flufflovinmama
Registered Users

In have seen lots of iPhone 3s on Craigslist. I think you can get nearly $200 for it.
flufflovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Mrs_B2009
Registered Users
seller

I've had good luck with Facebook yard sale sites. Stuff goes way faster on there than on CL
Mrs_B2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

None of your legos happen to be castle or kingdom sets do they? If so I might be interested in them.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote