Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Washing instructions printable

Wondering if anyone has a good printable instruction sheet for washing/drying CDs?!?

My c-sec is less than 2 weeks away and my DH and mom will be helping during my recovery. Neither have ever touched diaper laundry!! I'm just trying to find an easy step-by-step guide to post above the washer so there is less confusion and hopefully more willingness to help

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
RNmom926
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got a very informative packet with my order from gmd. You might contact them to see if they still have it available.
RNmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Mandan914
Registered Users
seller

Re: Washing instructions printable

Here is a great one I just tape it to my washer
https://softbums.3dcartstores.com/as...able%20FAQ.pdf
Mandan914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Wouldn't it be simple enough to type up your own? Every machine is a bit different, I am not thinking a "one size fits all" washing diaper instructions would work, at least not in my house.

Mine would look like this:

1. Once diaper pail is full of dirty diapers (and solid waste has been dumped in toilet), dump into washer, including pail liner.
2. Run "Rinse and Spin" cycle with cold water. No detergent. This cycle takes approx 20 minutes.
3. Run "Normal Cycle" and select "Heavy", choose "Hot" water, and "Extra Rinse". Add 1/4 cup Tide detergent. This cycle takes about 1 hr 9 minutes.
4. Dry in dryer on Normal Cycle.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I send a basic wash instruction card with my diapers that are magnetic so they stick to your washer So helpful with my MIL! Maria is right, it would be much easier to just type a quickie up with the specific things you like done

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers

Last edited by Poodlemum; 12-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
Wouldn't it be simple enough to type up your own? Every machine is a bit different, I am not thinking a "one size fits all" washing diaper instructions would work, at least not in my house.
Of course it would be simple enough to make-up my own. I just thought I recalled seeing a pretty version linked to on here awhile back and wondered if anyone remembered it

Oh, and it would be 1 less thing for me to do right now!!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would say depends on washer stuff but here's mine for lightly hard water & front load....hot cold norm or cotton cycle with prewash heavy soil & 2 tbsp of detergent & hang/ rack dry. I only dry prefolds/fitteds & terry cloth inserts & wipes. I would say as others have if u found something that works for you now.....
Old 12-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

I looked up different wash routines and tweaked them so they worked for me in microsoft word, then printed that. So I made my own based on what different sites/people recommended. I don't think just printing out one site's opinions would work. I also wanted to add that even though I did that while I was pregnant, and it was perfect in theory, it didn't work at all in practice. So I had to work it out a lot before I could finally get my diapers clean and it did take me a couple weeks. So keep that in mind as well. And I also agree with PPs, just write down or type up how you would like your diapers washed and put and hang it up above the washer. Good luck
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made one for my wash routine and my washer. I even had photos of the lights on the washer lot correctly so it could not be screwed up lol.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

is there aneyway u could show your dh how to do it & he could take over diaper laungry when the baby is born? thats what i did w/ my dh & now hes a pro!