Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I understand why the OP felt a little misled. It was not what she thought it was from the description.
I think a SELLER should mention what brand the product is they are selling. If a person was selling a Diaper and called it a 4.0 but never said it was a Bumenius or mentioned brand .......The buyer would be disappointed if they got something else that was not a BG 4.0 nor did it mention 4.0 anywhere on the tag.

Even though the OP has decided to keep the item, I think she should let the seller know that the item was not what she was expecting so it doesn't happen to others.
I understand what you are saying, but the seller did describe it correctly as a bombshell. Bombshell is a description of a type of bra, not necessarily a brand. The op incorrectly assumed it was vs because I am guessing she knew vs had a bombshell bra.
I googled bombshell bra and within seconds I was shown several brands of bombshell bras.
If the seller had specifically said VS that would be a different story.
The seller can not be held responsible if a buyer is not familiar with what they are buying. I am sure if op had asked they would have told her.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #42
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Im a little upset...should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post

I'm a bit annoyed with the unsoliticed parenting advise and rude comments you've gotten on a post asking about a transaction issue....I can imagine how you feel about it. We're not all living in 'Little House on the Prarie' times - good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I don't think anyone gave parenting advice. And you never like anyone comments ray mark. Lol. I don't have a problem with you or anything/ No one said anything about my little prairie. You just like to get people revved up like that. Lol.

It's again, a public forum. And comments are not regulated to stay on the transaction subject. I came in here for the actual title. Not any other reason.

And I do find it craze-balls to buy a child a bra like that. I was all those things at 15. Lol. But my parents didn't also feel it earned me the right to sexualize my body at 15. But that's not the point. There was no parenting advice.. Anywhere here.... So.......
Your snarky, rude comments DON'T make you look like a better mom. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Careful not to fall off that horse.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #43
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

is padded or not padded bra the new hot topic? maybe it's good, I'm tired of the old debates!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #44
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma

Your snarky, rude comments DON'T make you look like a better mom. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Careful not to fall off that horse.
I don't join the better mom debates. And I'm sorry you feel I am snarky. My personality is different than yours. I speak it how I think it and that's what was in my mind. I get a lot of people PM me who say they agree with my posts but fear speaking their thoughts like I do. Because people on DS immediately attack someones opposite views.. It's true. You must be one of them. How sad.

I am not exactly sure where I think
I am a better mom, in this thread.... Feel free to pm me where I say that. I think it's a riot when I can disagree with something/ and get a comments like yours.

I think
Increasing your child's bra size to
Look like she has breasts twice the size as her natural ones, interesting. Where or how I said I was a better mOm- I'm confused. Lol. A modest bra. Slight padding- maybe. Two sizes?? So she's likely an A right now- going to a C. Blows my mind. At 15?

Feel free to block me if you don't care for me. I'd take no offense. My opinion is just that. MINE. I personally don't attack others in threads. If I
Don't like what they say it's that.

I don't think you'd find many people (moms) anywhere in support of how early we are allowing young girls to use their bodies as their source of self esteem. Big boobs don't teach a child self respect. Even the greatest children can have serious body issues. And a parent never know. Even the greatest children break under social pressures and I do think boundaries on sexualizing a teenagers body is in the realm of parenting.

This moms boundaries are obviously much further than what I had in my life. I am grateful my
Mom taught me to love what I
Have. I have extremely small breasts. I am also now a runner so they are even smaller. And I am okay with that. Finally. It started with my mom though. Having boundaries for me to not pretend my breasts were huge.

I remember water bras coming out at that age. I wanted one. They felt real after all!! And my mom flat out asked me- why I felt the need to wear a bra like that. I still remember how important that conversation was in my young, mold able mind. so, again, for me- I can't relate to a child getting a bra like that.

Does any of this make her a bad parent? I don't think I said that. In my experience, looking back- I am thankful my mom took a different approach. I rock a small A cup. And as much I thought big breasts would change things for me when I was younger- I realize they would not change what was most important and that was loving myself. As an adult I can now get implants. And have chosen not to. Not that I disagree with them in adulthood or anything- I just really have learned to
Love me.

Sorry for the tangent. Lol. I didn't personally attack OP. so vmomma, you can take this time to block me

And AGAIN I entered the thread not knowing what a bombshell bra was . So I had no intent on doing anything other than reading the thread and commenting. My thoughts are my
Own. Not sure when I rode in on my stallion. Lol
Old 12-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #45
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

oh my it seems this got a little heated, honestly i dont care what kind of bra the OPs daughter is or isnt aloud to wear, thats her choice and not what she came her asking about, so i dont know why people felt like they could or should go there.

But anyways onto the task at hand, i know nothing about VS so i googled bombshell bra, i guess its a brand by them but it looks like its also a type of bra since many other brands popped up in my search. I could see why you thought it would be VS though mama, and id be bummed too, but since it didnt actually say VS in the description, i wouldnt say anything to the seller about it.
TTC #4
Old 12-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I looked up the VS brand one, and I think bc they range up to over $100 new- the price would have given it away for me. Especially bc the seller said it had never been worn.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #47
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ladies you need to stay on topic.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

I don't think anyone gave parenting advice. And you never like anyone comments ray mark. Lol. I don't have a problem with you or anything/ No one said anything about my little prairie. You just like to get people revved up like that. Lol.

It's again, a public forum. And comments are not regulated to stay on the transaction subject. I came in here for the actual title. Not any other reason.

And I do find it craze-balls to buy a child a bra like that. I was all those things at 15. Lol. But my parents didn't also feel it earned me the right to sexualize my body at 15. But that's not the point. There was no parenting advice.. Anywhere here.... So.......
Actually they are. Please don't comment unless it helps the OP. your comments don't. Please stay on topic.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #49
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

Actually they are. Please don't comment unless it helps the OP. your comments don't. Please stay on topic.
Really? .. No offense mods. But threads go askew all over the place. And none of my comments attacked OP. just general observations about the subject. Until someone didn't like it. I wasn't Nasty.

I could likely go into a dozen threads and find 1/2 that didn't stay 'on topic'... And I'm not new here or anything..

I'm not trying to argue with anyone and will unsub to this thread (so PM me) if you give me a strike or something. Just find this whole thing to have been blown up after I said it was not my experience as a child.... And that is suddenly not okay to say..

Simply go into the car seat forum. One question about something completely legal to do becomes a debate, based on feeling, experiences and opinions.. Lol. Even if mom just asks simply a or b. had it happen to me, awhile ago.

I just figured it was the nature of the public forum... Next time, I will be sure to report it. Again, not being snarky, simply want to be sure rules are followed. I was not aware of that rule. But I am now.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #50
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Really? .. No offense mods. But threads go askew all over the place. And none of my comments attacked OP. just general observations about the subject. Until someone didn't like it. I wasn't Nasty.

I could likely go into a dozen threads and find 1/2 that didn't stay 'on topic'... And I'm not new here or anything..

I'm not trying to argue with anyone and will unsub to this thread (so PM me) if you give me a strike or something. Just find this whole thing to have been blown up after I said it was not my experience as a child.... And that is suddenly not okay to say..

Simply go into the car seat forum. One question about something completely legal to do becomes a debate, based on feeling, experiences and opinions.. Lol. Even if mom just asks simply a or b. had it happen to me, awhile ago.

I just figured it was the nature of the public forum... Next time, I will be sure to report it. Again, not being snarky, simply want to be sure rules are followed. I was not aware of that rule. But I am now.
Here is the snippet from the rules:

When replying to another members thread/post, please think about how you are addressing the original topic or if you are at all. Please consider why the original post was made (asking for support or affinity VS your opinion or thoughts on the matter, etc) - not all posts are open to debate.
Closed Thread