Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
formerlybailey
Registered Users
seller

Leaks

We are getting leaks with everything that we use, BG 3.0, BGE, RARz, large simplex, freetimes and a few other randoms. She just seems to pee a ton at once and I think I need more absorbency. So far we have been using GMD red edge in the 3.0's, flour sack flats with a AMP hemp doubler in the RARz, even resorted to added hemp or a premie prefolds to the BGE's. I still have all of the microfiber that came with all of the diapers. Does anyone have the magical combo that would work for a heavy wetter. I don't want to have too much money but have looked at the Alva bamboo inserts, how about those?
She is 10 months old, 24-25 lbs and 30ish inches. Right now these very fluffy diapers are only lasting 1 hour. My husband is a stay at home dad and is getting pretty frustrated, when he takes her out of the house he puts her in a disposable.

Advertisement

formerlybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leaks

Are they soaked all the way through? The reason I ask is that she could be flooding them faster than the diaper can absorb the pee, especially with natural fibers or if you have buildup. If you're pretty sure you don't have buildup that's causing repelling, you could try using a microfiber on top of the natural fiber inserts (in the pockets) which should help absorb the pee faster.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
formerlybailey
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbstanley3
Are they soaked all the way through? The reason I ask is that she could be flooding them faster than the diaper can absorb the pee, especially with natural fibers or if you have buildup. If you're pretty sure you don't have buildup that's causing repelling, you could try using a microfiber on top of the natural fiber inserts (in the pockets) which should help absorb the pee faster.
She is soaking them all the way through. I just added the BG newborn insert on top of the red edge prefold in the 3.0's that I just folded so I will see if that helps.
formerlybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
ravenchow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

By a year old, we had to get rid of our pockets. We've been using a brown GMD prefold, trifolded, in a PUL cover. The trifold I think helps with that strong current of pee all at once. Also, I think the stay-dry inners didn't help matters either & he probably leaked faster than if the shell wasn't there & it was just natural fibers catching his pee. We also use the GMD large flats, pad folded, with hemp or bamboo. Now that LO is 2 1/2 we really don't use the bamboo much anymore.

ds (12/99), 4 mcs, LO (May 2010), Newb (April 2013), 5th mc
ravenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #5
ravenchow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and we started adding hemp to our pockets before we switched our system at about a year old. When that started to fail, we ditched pockets altogether.

ds (12/99), 4 mcs, LO (May 2010), Newb (April 2013), 5th mc
ravenchow is offline   Reply With Quote