Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Flip versus gDiapers?

I very much prefer the Flip disposable inserts. We used them during hurricane Sandy when I could wash covers in the sink but not anything else (I learned the hard way when it's really cold out, it take forever for things to air dry so my idea of hand washing and air drying flats bombed and we used Flip trainers and disposable Flip inserts for those 2 weeks when we evacuated & had no power). We tried the disposable g-diaper inserts in the past but they were bulky and just seemed to be a lower quality.

The Flip disposable inserts are less expensive than the g-diaper inserts. That's another plus. I have bought the Flip inserts from Cotton Babies as well as Amazon (same price) and was able to use my Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping so they came fast!

Advertisement

ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

You would think that you could use gdiaper inserts in any cover you can trifold in, provided the fit is full enough to hold the insert. So it depends on what you prefer
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

Interesting.. I haven't heard many people say they prefer the flips disposable inserts. So if anyone knows, which sposie insert would you say is more "natural'?
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
ZoeyMakesThree
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think its way easier to get a good fit in the flip versus gdiaper. I also have had horrible experiences with the flip disposable inserts. I like the gdiaper sposie inserts okay.
ZoeyMakesThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeyMakesThree
I think its way easier to get a good fit in the flip versus gdiaper. I also have had horrible experiences with the flip disposable inserts. I like the gdiaper sposie inserts okay.
I agree. I wanted to love g's but never could
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha
Interesting.. I haven't heard many people say they prefer the flips disposable inserts. So if anyone knows, which sposie insert would you say is more "natural'?
I like that you can flush or compost them too! They also break down pretty fast. I'm not sure if that's the same for the flip disposables or not.

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

People generally like Flip, where gDiapers are more of a love-hate.

I absolutely LOVED gDiapers for daytime, with pad folded flats inside (didn't like the gCloth).

But at night we used Flips because the gDiapers leaked.

The inserts from both brands will work with tons of types of covers. I'd recommend getting a few Flips, and maybe 2 gDiaper covers (on FSOT), and see what works for you.

gDiapers are really a different animal. I really loved how little laundry I had to do, and that they were cuter and more breathable than the Flips (and a quicker change), but a lot of people have a hard time getting them on correctly.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

For disposable inserts we really prefer the gdiaper ones to flip even though we don't like anything else gdiaper.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
MomBecks
Registered Users

I really proffered gdiaper disposable inserts to Flips. They were more absorbent imo. I haven't tried Flips in a couple years so maybe they've redone them?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
terri_to
Registered Users

Thanks for all the input!

The gDiaper disposable inserts are quite easy to find here, which would be a plus for me. I'd be fine with using, say, prefolds in whatever we get instead of branded inserts, if those work well.

For the covers, how many changes are they generally good for? My baby doesn't poop that often -- every couple days, usually -- but wets a lot. I've only used pockets, no covers, so I have no experience with them. He's also fairly slim, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference with fit. We still find that the BG diapers sometimes leak because they are't totally snug enough and he's 12 weeks/10.5 pounds.

And a few people mentioned a Flip sale, where is that? I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference.

I think I will get a couple of each and give them a try, see what works for us. But happy for more input in the meantime!
terri_to is offline   Reply With Quote