Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
O'sMommy:)
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Rolling over in the middle of the night help

Hi momma's. my 6 month old usually sleeps through the night but he recently started rolling over at night. *proud mommy!* but here's my problem... He rolls over in the middle of the night and wakes up screaming. Any recommendations on what I could do? He's gone from sleeping 13 hours a night to getting up every 3 hours or so bc he's rolled over and starts crying. HELP PLEASE!

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:)
Hi momma's. my 6 month old usually sleeps through the night but he recently started rolling over at night. *proud mommy!* but here's my problem... He rolls over in the middle of the night and wakes up screaming. Any recommendations on what I could do? He's gone from sleeping 13 hours a night to getting up every 3 hours or so bc he's rolled over and starts crying. HELP PLEASE!
It's a phase. It will stop in a couple of weeks.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sMommy:)
He'll adjust. It's just part of the process. With every new skill set comes some new processes and regression. It will pass.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rolling over in the middle of the night help

My advice is... good luck :-)
Old 12-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Can he roll onto his back? If not start working with him on it during the day. Easiest way is to use a loved toy and make him reach and follow it. If he can already roll on to his back then you'll just have to wait it out. Hang in there, this too shall pass

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

normal.. he'll learn to turn his head and sleep on his tummy.. or roll back over
Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Positioner pillow set. I liked triangles but can't find mine...poopy..... one was smaller for tummy & bigger for back but ones I see are same size on both ends. Helps if have cold & stuff if u prop side up so they don't roll to bottom of bed.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

Are you co-sleeping? In our case I put some pillow beside her so she won't be able to roll-over or when my DD wakes up having a nightmare I will hug her and she will eventually calm down.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

My oldest did that. She hated being on her tummy, so she'd roll from back to tummy in her sleep, waking her up, and then she'd be stuck on her tummy and be unable to roll back, cue the screeching for mommy to save her. A week later once she figured out how to roll back onto her back it stopped. Funniest thing was, once she figured out how to roll to her back, she wanted to sleep on her tummy!

So yeah, I'll echo the other ladies, wait it out. It's short lived.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

It's a phase but you can swaddle to help stop the rolling. I had to do that with my 3mo because he was rolling in his sleep and waking himself up. Things are much better now.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote