Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Pain!!!!

I've been completely immobilized with sciatic pain the last 2 weeks. I've been to the midwife, OB, DO, chiropractor, massage therapist and have had a LITTLE relief from the Chiro and massage. I'm taking vicodin to control the pain. I'm nervous about taking pain killers while pregnant. Is there anything else I can be doing? I want to be able to move without crying. My church has been taking care of meals for us and friends have been watching my daughter. I am off work until January (I'm a nanny). I'm so nervous that this will be a continuous problem until after the baby is born (June). Anybody have anything like this? I'm getting depressed.

Advertisement

newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pain!!!!

I got a maternity belt (a medula one) when I had siatica. It took about a week to feel better, and I didn't think it would, but it ended up doing the job. Try one, I borrowed one but I don't think they're too expensive.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been dealing with it every night for weeks and it just started during the day. So not as severe as yours, but when I sit I have started using a birthing ball and its helped the day time pain quite a bit. I dont know if its true but I read that when you sit back (like on a couch) that it pushes baby right on the nerve, but the birthing ball lets me open my legs wider and lean forward. Seriously its helped a lot.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had sciatic pain lately, too... nothing quite as severe as yours sounds, but still, it hurts and is no fun. I searched online for some type of stretches I could do and found one where you lie on your back and cross legs and move up... it helped... I'll find the link for you to the video... it may or may not help you at all, but I guess it's worth a shot..

http://www.losethebackpain.com/backp...castretch.html
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try to put ice on it. Most people(me) use heat to get relief but my mw informed me sciatica is most likely from nerves swelling some and ice will help. Ice helped my vericose veins too. Also, laying down on my side helps. If I can't walk from pain, I'll lay on my side and within 30-60 min the pain subsides and I can get up. Sitting makes it worse for me. Also, try pelvic tilts on your hands and knees, when your not hurting.
If you find that the vicodin gives relief, don't worry about it to much. Maybe just use it when necessary.
I get stressed out and anxious when my sciatica or vv are causing me so much pain and I can't look after my kids or house properly.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP!

Last edited by mommycass; 12-11-2012 at 07:23 AM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote