Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We use bb and ecoposh at home. They aren't waterproof, but hold the pee. They will make the pants wet if worn when soiled. Flip trainers are good with a flat or the inserts. I line them with the grovia biosoakers when we're out and about for easy changes. My 20mo old is able to pull them up and down on his own.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Out of these trainers, what would you buy?

Of those, I'd get ecoposh. The blueberries are cute, but they didn't hold anything - every time we used them we'd get a puddle on the floor. The ecoposh are more absorbent. They're really soft and cute too! The drying time is not my favorite, but otherwise we really liked them. Congrats on PLing!!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you everyone! Very helpful. She is doing wonderfully with going potty. She's been in underwear all day and has gone each time!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrats on the PL'ing, sounds like things are going great!!! Would she let you put a basic padded training pant on her (like a mio, bb, ecoposh or even a gerber...gasp I know) and let you put a flip or other cover over it when its time for a nap or bed? Since she's doing so well, you may not have to worry too much about needing them much longer.

Hope you don't mind if I highjack your thread a little bit.... for a 21 month old that is just getting introduced to the potty, where ease of up and down and ability to unsnap for accidents is a must, what would you "seasoned" mommies recommend out of all the trainers available on the internet?
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by breast4my3
Congrats on the PL'ing, sounds like things are going great!!! Would she let you put a basic padded training pant on her (like a mio, bb, ecoposh or even a gerber...gasp I know) and let you put a flip or other cover over it when its time for a nap or bed? Since she's doing so well, you may not have to worry too much about needing them much longer.

Hope you don't mind if I highjack your thread a little bit.... for a 21 month old that is just getting introduced to the potty, where ease of up and down and ability to unsnap for accidents is a must, what would you "seasoned" mommies recommend out of all the trainers available on the internet?
The only unsnapping ones I've had experience with are the flip trainers. I actually used them as diaper covers for a while though bc They fit better than the regular flip covers. So my dd sees them as diapers.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once we daytime PL we did all day (going out and naps too) so Not crazy help. But we did get the Gerber Trainers, not waterproof ones. I actually think they are pretty good quality undies. maybe something like that and a pull on cover? DS has several in 2T because that is what DC preferred him to wear, I had bought 3T (they are actually true to size) early on. So he still wears the 3T now even though he doesn't need them as trainers.... they are easy for him to pull up and down and encased elastic that isnt' easy to find.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love our Flip Trainers. We've had them for over a year now & they have been great. The inserts are so soft, even 13 months later. The inserts hold a lot and I found if you double the inserts, they hold the world overnight, for car trips or for naps. Even in some extreme overnight situations, these did not leak! My 2 year old is over 40 lbs & they still fit him great. The Flip Trainer covers also work great with the Flip disposable inserts. That was our go to diaper during the hurricane when we couldn't wash. Even with 2 inserts, I still found these to be very trim & have had no problems with them fitting under any clothing. My 2 year old wears a size 5 so 5's generally are not made with diaper room.

We had tried the Grovia ones but like another poster said, they only covered 1 of my son's 2 butt cheeks. LOL Even with the plus size panels, they do not fit past 35 lbs and the stitching on the pocket will rip quickly so you can't really stuff them with much. When I contacted the company about the stitching coming undone, they did replace it but I was told it was my fault that I must have tried to stuff too much in there.

I haven't tried other brands since I hadn't spotted any that seemed like they would fit past 40 lbs and a child who wears size 5T.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're just using Gerber training pants (not waterproof, like padded undies). At home, he either wears them coverless, or under wool pants. I upcycled a lambswool sweater from Goodwill- it was super easy and cheap! When out and about, I put a pull-on Dappi cover over the underwear. I did take the Dappis in on the sides so they would be less poofy on my skinny guy, but that was easy, and purely aesthetic. HTH!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

For at home I prefer ecoposh over blueberry. With a dappi pull on cover the ecoposh can be soaked & no leaks.

Still looking for a good option for out & about. Might try a flip
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
Cdmamao5
Registered Users

This time around potty training went so fast for me I did not have a chance to buy trainers. We were using the BG snaps and unsnapping at the public bathroom.

With my other four children, I used padded gerber panies and used my bummis snap covers.
Cdmamao5 is offline   Reply With Quote