Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who have you told?

DH (he looked at the FRER to make sure I was seeing two lines), one of my older sisters (She's due in May, on DS, and I was a total wreck on Tuesday when the ped sent DS for x-rays to see if he had spinia bifida occulta....i figured I couldn't hide it from her for long since she has all of my maternity clothes right now), and a friend from my Dec '11 DDC that I talk on the phone with/txt on a regular basis. Otherwise, no one knows.

We thought about waiting until we know more about what may be wrong with DS and calling everyone and saying "Hey....we've got good news and bad news. Which do you want first?" All of my family knows about what's going on with DS, but none of DH's family does. This was DH's idea of telling everyone both at the same time.

MY idea is to take a pic and have photocards printed and just mail them to everyone! That way I don't have to hear the whinning and complaining that may go with it until the call, and maybe by then they've calmed down. I'm afraid no one will be THRILLED about me being pg. again. I thought about taking one of DH's socks, one of mine, one of DD's, one of DS's, and the smallest sock I can find that still isn't packed up and hanging them on the clothes line with a tag on each sock with everyone's names and putting Baby? on the smallest one. That's kind-of what I'd like to do. Don't know if I'll do it or not.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #22
janssensjungle
Registered Users

My Mood:

just my husband and I know for now... its killing me to keep it a secret I want to shout it but our last baby was stillborn so we are being more scared and quiet this time hopeful for a healthy baby
janssensjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
janssensjungle
Registered Users

My Mood:

love the sock idea... so cute you should do that!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Told the rest of my family and DH family today. I think they are all happy/excited, but being #4 the response is dull. LOL
Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #25
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So far only a close group of my friends know. I haven't even told dh yet, LOL. But they've been w/ me on the rollercoaster of squinting at tests the past two days, I didn't want to tell him until I was sure, so I'll tell him when he gets home tonight. I'll still only be 5 weeks at xmas, but we'll probably have to tell the family, they'll know something's up if I'm not drinking LOL.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #26
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We might be changing our plans and telling at Christmas instead of waiting. I am really sick with this one already, I am actually a little freaked out at how sick I am. I have lived on toast and water the last 4-5 days now and can't keep that down most of the time. By OB called in an rx for me so I am hoping that helps, otherwise I have to go see him sooner than I planned too.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #27
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've told DH, a couple of friends, and my due date group from my daughter.

I think this time we might not tell any family until they ask... Gotta keep it interesting.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janssensjungle View Post
love the sock idea... so cute you should do that!
I mentioned it to DH last night....he thought it was stupid. Men! Go Figure!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #29
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom was feeling really depressed because my Grandma passed away one year ago, so I told her to cheer her up. It seemed to work. DH told IL's last night and one of the uncles announced it to facebook because he was so excited LOL. Thankfully I don't really know anyone he does because I was not ready for facebook to know yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #30
janssensjungle
Registered Users

My Mood:
Talking Re: Who have you told?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
I mentioned it to DH last night....he thought it was stupid. Men! Go Figure!!!
well that's men for you. my husband would this its silly too but I would do it anyway b/c all the women you sent it to would think its super cute