Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Suggestions for a 38 pounder? And can an ergo just get too old?

My DD is 18 months and 38 pounds. Needless to say it's rough having her on my back in the ergo. Is it possible that my ergo is just worn out and not supportive anymore? It's had heavy use for 4 years.

I've had a kinderpack and it was OK but not awesome, and I've tried all the other standard SSCs and nothing compares to the ergo for me. Any other suggestions? I try not to wear her much but she is in a super clingy stage and wants me to carry her constantly.

Advertisement

Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Suggestions for a 38 pounder? And can an ergo just get too old?

kanga xtp!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just saw at the egro website that they are only made to last until about 5 months -- shocking. I used mine easily until 24 months, but that was probably about 30 lbs at the most. <I have been corrected that I misread the site. It goes up to 45lbs and whatever age that is (in theroy)>

I wouldn't think the ergo could get too old. Just the baby too big...

I haven't tried any others, been looking at the toddler Action Baby Carrier and the Bobo 2g/3g.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-13-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

btw what didn't you like about the kinderpack? I have gotten a lot of recs for it?
thanks
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is she tall as well? The problem we found with the Ergo was that the shell only hit DD at mid-back by toddler age, so she was no longer at a comfortable angle for weight distribution. A woven wrap or a toddler-size carrier with a tall shell would likely solve your problem.