Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Thinking about where baby will be?

We have a modest 3/4 bdrm old 2 story. We currently sleep upstairs as do our 3 children. 2 girls in bunks, 1 boy in a tiny room w/ no closet. We were planning on taking over the spare room downstairs and expanding it in a few years. Obviously now we will def have to make the move. But for now I think baby will be in our room, cosleeping/and crib stuffed in a corner somehow for the first year.

Once we have the money to work on our future bdrm we will shift the girls into our room, and baby and DS will share the girls old room. So we are really hoping for another boy! lol The tiny room will become our spare room for out of town family with a murphy bed.

Are any of you having to squeeze a bit closer?

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thinking about where baby will be?

We don't have our apt/house yet (we rent) as we will be house sitting for a few months for family. We won't get more than a 2 bedroom though. DS still sleeps in our room in his crib (bed shared until about 10 months) though we will move him to his own room before this little comes. That little will bedshare with us until he/she is ready to move to a crib, then stay in our room for a good while after. Then they will share a room. When kids are young I don't see an issue with different genders sharing a room.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Neither do I. This is the house we will probably live in for the duration of children in the home, so I hope we can make it work for the long haul.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
_Amanda_
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment now, but the BIG problem with our situation is we don't even know where we're going to be living when this baby is born. My hubby has applied to graduate programs in 9 different states. If he's accepted to a graduate program, it would mean a move out of state this summer. I'm predicting a panic attack any day now.

If he's not accepted to a program, we will stay put, and baby will probably sleep in our room until they are both old enough to share a room together.
Battling IF again as we TTC another Femara miracle.
My Blog
_Amanda_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Flutterbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are also in a 2 bedroom apartment and most likely this baby will be rooming in with us. Our dd's share the other (larger) room and there is space for a crib but I don't want the baby keeping them awake so he/she will be with us for probably the first year.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We hope to move into our home before the baby is born, but we don't have a home picked out yet! We're in a program that helps us save for a down payment and gives us advice on getting the perfect home for us. (like a first homebuyers type thing). We won't be moving until I'm about 6-8 months pregnant! Sadly, with my last pregnancy, we moved a day before I gave birth!!! I left one home and gave birth, and came home from the hospital to a new home. I really hope it doesn't come to that again!!! It put me into serious depression!

It's going to be hard to decide how to split up any type of situation. This is our fifth baby, and each of our kids are so far apart in age, it's hard to make any of them be roommates. My son is 13, my daughter is 11.5, my other daughter is 7, and my other son is 2.5. I have a feeling I have a girl in me. This poses a difficult situation because my girls are so far apart in age. Especially my boys! It's so hard. I hope we get at least a 4 bedroom home. I couldn't imagine a 3 bedroom, but if it comes to it, I hope they are large bedrooms!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Whoa! That would def be a tricky situation. I am grateful for my children being so close in age right now, lol. I wish we had a basement or a playroom type area we could use. All the rooms in our house are small. Living room is tiny too. BUT we are lucky that it's paid for. That's huge. I just have to get creative since we have limited storage...
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

@CrunchymamaNY - Many families I know who have multiple ages/genders in a room try to have a toy space outside the bedrooms. That way rooms are just for sleeping/reading/study and the littles keep their toys in a basement space/den/etc. Just a thought when you are house hunting. The four years between the middle girls will "close" as they get a bit older. Right now I am sure it seems like night and day though. My brother and I are almost 15 years apart (!) and honestly it was easier to share a space with him than it was to share with my sister who is less than 2 years younger than me.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Whoa! That would def be a tricky situation. I am grateful for my children being so close in age right now, lol. I wish we had a basement or a playroom type area we could use. All the rooms in our house are small. Living room is tiny too. BUT we are lucky that it's paid for. That's huge. I just have to get creative since we have limited storage...
Have you checked out the Ikea Hackers webpage? Even if you don't use Ikea stuff, it gives you lots of ideas for the basic storage stuff available most places.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

yeah some of it is very cool. We are pretty creative too. ( We turned MIL's old sofa and our old bed into a sectional sofa!) Right now we are building a shed out of gma's old house that burned up quite a bit of it. Most of the material is upcycled!! The biggest thing is staying organized, with three kids and a dh that doesn't put anything away, it can be tough. lol