Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Re: When is everyone's first appointment?

I already had an appointment last week. My next one is Jan 2nd. I have to call sometime next week to schedule my ultrasound, I think I'm going to schedule it for next friday, or the following monday. Probably monday.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't even made an appointment yet. I will go sometime around 12 weeks, if my ms gets too bad (it was horrible with my first) I will go sooner. My sister runs the office I go to so I get a little special treatment when making appointments (not fair, I know) so I will probably get in within a week of calling.

This is my third and I find it neat how zen I am about it now. I am not worried about being seen sooner because I already know what to expect.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
Flutterbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

My first appointment is Jan 8th. We have Tricare and this was the first available date.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have my first appt scheduled for Thursday (Dec 13) at 6 weeks+. It will not include an ultrasound, as they are not standard here. It is not routine to have an ultrasound until 20 weeks. With DS, my doctor sent me for an early ultrasound (11 weeks) just to ease my mind after a previous miscarriage, but I am unlikely to get special treatment like that again and I refuse to ask for it, even though it is killing me not to know whether things are progressing normally. I'm wondering what the doctor will be able to tell me on Thursday, but I'm hopeful he will say everything is normal based on where I am in the pregnancy.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 1st appointment with the home birth midwives is on the 17th.

My 1st appointment with my NP/CNM through my HMO is on the 18th. My insurance covers all these visits 100%, so we decided to see her concurrently for anything the home birth midwives can't do (bloodwork, u/s, etc).
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
2WolfeCubs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is Jan 8. My obgyn doesn't typically do the first prenatal until you're far enough along for the u/s so she said to be sure I was far enough along we should wait til Jan.

https://www.facebook.com/snickerdoodlestitches
2WolfeCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
sydjackmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine is next Thurs. I'll be 6 weeks.
sydjackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't made any appointment yet. Af wa supposed to start today anyway and my EDD would be 8/26, so I'm ok with not having an appointment until a good bit later. I'm probably going to call, though, on Monday and make my appointment.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WolfeCubs
Mine is Jan 8. My obgyn doesn't typically do the first prenatal until you're far enough along for the u/s so she said to be sure I was far enough along we should wait til Jan.
Same with mine. He doesn't want to see you until 8-9 weeks unless you're having a problem. I am anxious to see baby and see that all is well but I don't disagree with his logic.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I may still be half in denial, I'm super early still anyway only 4 weeks. I will probably call my midwife on Monday. Probably won't be seen until I'm far enough along to hear the hb on doppler, though I'm not totally sure.