Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Talk to me about covers

All I have is a capri cover. I like that you can load it like a pocket with a folded flat inside. Are there any other covers like this? With the little tabs at the top and bottom to tuck the flat into. Does kawaii or any other budget diaper companies make covers? Are there any OS covers?

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper Rite makes a cover that has the flaps. Flips also have them and they are really cheap right now. IME, neither of these hold the diaper as well as the Capris though, as the flaps aren't as substantial.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about covers

DiaperRite all the way! I love them bc of the gentle elastic on the back flap.... holds our padfolded flats like a dream. I didn't like capri bc their snaps were layed out differently and I could never get a good fit on ds. Capri also seemed to have a very low rise in the front and was too high in the back.... very strange fit no mattr how much adjusting I did. I do like capris double gussets, though which is why I kept on readjusting them just HOPING for a better fit.
FYI: flips run smaller than capri size 2 and diaper rite runs about the same size as the capri size 2
Others I've heard of but haven't tried are wolby bugs and diaper safari.... both have the feature you're looking for
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Flips have the flaps. I've never used a capri so I can't really comment on how close they are but cb is doing a great deal on flips right now BOGO, which puts them at just under $7 a cover which is hard to beat (with free shipping)
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
sunlightmlp
Registered Users

There are also Weehuggers covers, which are a lot like the Capri, except the flaps are topped with a soft fabric, so no PUL touches the baby. The downside is that this part often gets quite wet and can take awhile to dry. It's also a two-sized system. The Capri is my favorite of this type of cover, though.
sunlightmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i like kawaii for padfolding with their front flap and non-slip inside. also trim
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansen19 View Post
i like kawaii for padfolding with their front flap and non-slip inside. also trim
The non-slip inside is great...it's a mesh that's laminated right onto the PUL so the slippery part isn't touching baby. The Kawaiis just have a flap at the front, not at the back, and also are not really one-size as fit quite small. I think Capri is made by Blueberry isn't it? I have a Blueberry Coverall which is much bigger than the Kawaii covers (cute print but no flaps and I hate the exposed PUL and back of snaps on the Blueberry).
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Sorry to thread jack but is the Capri flaps hold the insert better than flip flaps? Diaper rite covers look nice & sturdy too!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote