Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: At what age/ weight did you stop wearing your baby?

I was just at the Ergo site to see if they made toddler ones (We loved our ergo) and it says that the ergo carrier is just until 5 months old!! I wonder if that is a new statement or if I just missed that 3 years ago!! We easily used it up to 24 months -- I find that amazing.

I would say we babywore very regularly up to 24 months and then pretty easily until 28-29. We haven't much since. The 2 times since 29 months were tough -- but I think it's because the ergo wasn't comfortable anymore.

I am considering buying a toddler carrier to start using the spring. I'm not sure if we can get back into it though...

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
Thanks mamas so much for the help. I just traded one ergo for a Boba 3G I am hoping to love that. Also my husbands Grandmother has been in the hospital for the past few days. She is very sick and we have had to spend tons of time there. The ergo was a LIFESAVER!! When DS would not stop running around and acting crazy I put him in it and he got used to it very fast. He even started to ask for it! The stroller was too much of a pain to deal with in the hospital and the ergo was perfect. I did have some leg/back pain but I could deal with it. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if maybe the Boba will be better. Its not terrible honestly. I have been through a lot this past year and don't have a lot of my usual physical strength so I am just happy I was able to do it as much as I was. I will definitely be keeping at least one carrier.
Your body is not used to the extra weight. I used to carrier DS almost daily, when it started being infrequent I would noticed it more and muscles would ache if it was for any length of time.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #13
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

"Usage Range: Carries babies from infancy (7 lbs. / 3.2 kg to 12 lbs. / 5.5 kg with Infant Insert) or up to 4-5 months to maximum 45lbs / 20kgs"

The wording here is weird but I interpret it to mean it STARTS at 4-5 months and ENDS when a child weights 45lbs regardless of age.

They also state that with the infant insert you can start a baby at 7lbs than go up to 45lbs.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

true, I guess I could have misread it. It did seem very soon-ish
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

DD is 26 months and 23 lbs- we're still wearing! I don't plan to stop anytime soon. We use woven wraps. I'm not sure how supportive an Ergo would be for us at this stage.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
z1ncy
Registered Users

I love our Ergo. I think hauling a 3 year old in an Ergo, say through the airport, would beat them walking, me carrying them or a stroller. I plan on using mine for as long as he can fit (in situations such as the airport).
z1ncy is offline   Reply With Quote