Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

my thoughts on GMD workhorse versus Tinkle Traps

The Tinkle traps are so soft, as I had them lined with fleece. But the rise is too low for my boy, and they just don't fit him right. I was hesitant to order the workhorse diapers because of this but I LOVE them. I only got two to try but I'm going to be ordering more after Christmas. I like them almost as much as my SAndy's, and because of the soaker they are more absorbant, or at least better at slowing the flow of pee so it doesn't hit the wool cover so quickly.

( oh, I got the closure less and used a snappi)

Advertisement

ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: my thoughts on GMD workhorse versus Tinkle Traps

humm I had the amost opposite experience.. I found the rise on the GMD pretty low I bought the red edge at the time probably should have gotten brown.. I had rainbow edge TT and those were higher in the rise.. Unfortunally the GMD provided pretty much zero assorbancy even with the fully prepped plus some and with the attached doubler they gave my light- to medium wetter no protection she wet straight through them however where the soaker attached took foever to dry, I liked the lay in doubler of the TT a lot better.

picture TT

GMD red edge * these were the old style bought about a year ago not sure how they now compare*

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy
humm I had the amost opposite experience.. I found the rise on the GMD pretty low I bought the red edge at the time probably should have gotten brown.. I had rainbow edge TT and those were higher in the rise.. Unfortunally the GMD provided pretty much zero assorbancy even with the fully prepped plus some and with the attached doubler they gave my light- to medium wetter no protection she wet straight through them however where the soaker attached took foever to dry, I liked the lay in doubler of the TT a lot better.

picture TT

GMD red edge * these were the old style bought about a year ago not sure how they now compare*
Based on your picture, I'm assuming brown edge WH would have been a better fit and would have provided more absorbency.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

From the first 2 posters I think it is more an issue of getting the right size than it is a defect in the diapers.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

The rainbow edge may just start with a different sized prefold. I actually had GMD red edges converted by Tinkle Traps, and compared them to the Red Edge GMD workhorse. The workhorse has a higher rise by far. It actually fits better than the TT brown edge.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
From the first 2 posters I think it is more an issue of getting the right size than it is a defect in the diapers.
OH, totally agree. There is nothing wrong with the TT, they just fit smaller, and I wanted to mention it. I should have gotten a different size in the tinkle traps. Totally my fault.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

WHs are outstanding quality and very absorbent if you have the correct size (the WHs run smaller than their prefold counterpart so you have to size up sooner). It's really easy to add absorbency if it's needed by putting a doubler under or on top of the soaker. I love having the soaker attached because it's a pain in my rear to have to hunt for separate pieces. My 2 month old super soaker wears the red edge organics and has never leaked out of one. I pair them with Blueberry coveralls or SB Capris. I vastly prefer WHs over Tinkle Traps. Our TTs didn't have wide enough coverage over the tummy and I was always worried that the Snappi would poke through since there weren't many layers. If I ever simplified my stash, the WHs would be one of the few diapers that stayed.