Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 AM   #21
tomandkara
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wish us luck!

Much luck on your journey!

Advertisement

Find me on facebook and Hyena Cart to see my custom-dyed wool interlock, hybrid fitted diapers, and children's clothes! I stock Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. EST!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #22
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris
I turned up the heat and let him go w/o undies/pants. I'll do that the next couple days, just to refresh his memory LOL.

5 mins of Angry Birds as a bribe is working WELL

We faced a problem when leaving the house. I don't have anything that's not a diaper that could last (the trainers I made him are only okay for a little pee, and they are really too small since I made them for him over 6 months ago...to fit at that time). So I put a diaper on him

Definitely going to make him more trainers -- I'm using the Trimsies pattern but putting fleece cuffs at the legs/waist. And I will sew them with a pocket so I can stuff in extra absorbency if needed.
Why not pack extra clothes and a wet bag? DD actually had a big breakthrough moment with PTing in public..... I refused to put her in diapers again and so when we left the house I put the piddle pad and a prefold under her in the car seat and ALWAYS had at least 2-3 pairs of clean undies and pants, the first time she asked to use the potty, instead of me seeing her signals and taking her, was at a Five Guys burgers

I also was not above having her help me clean up the mess, because it belonged in the potty, not on the floor, and when she spills something else that doesn't belong on the floor, she has to help me clean that up too!

I hope angry birds works for you!! That's awesome because it is so portable!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck and hang in there. Eventually he will get it.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the support!

Yesterday when we went out it was to a teacher-parent meeting, and my SIL was watching the boys at the park. I didn't want to burden her with dealing with pee pee mess

This morning he asked me when he could wear his "soft orange diaper" (a breathable minky Preston's Pants) and I told him he was all done with diapers, except for naps and nighttime. So now he is in undies, and when we take DS1 to school he'll wear a too-small trainer

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #25
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleleaf View Post
Melanie, wishing you lots of luck and willpower!!!!
Thank you

Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #26
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
Why not pack extra clothes and a wet bag? DD actually had a big breakthrough moment with PTing in public..... I refused to put her in diapers again and so when we left the house I put the piddle pad and a prefold under her in the car seat and ALWAYS had at least 2-3 pairs of clean undies and pants, the first time she asked to use the potty, instead of me seeing her signals and taking her, was at a Five Guys burgers

I also was not above having her help me clean up the mess, because it belonged in the potty, not on the floor, and when she spills something else that doesn't belong on the floor, she has to help me clean that up too!

I hope angry birds works for you!! That's awesome because it is so portable!
That's a good idea, not something I thought of! I'll do it

Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Latest update:

We went to visit a friend today, and he put on his pants without undies. When I asked him to put on undies he refused. Okay, so he wanted to go commando

Well, he didn't have ANY accidents. Or little pees. He would hold it until I reminded him to go potty.

So maybe that's the trick, just wearing loose pants and nothing snug like undies or trainers. Maybe that snug feeling is too diaper-like for him? At any rate, today is going really well so far

Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #28
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Latest update:

We went to visit a friend today, and he put on his pants without undies. When I asked him to put on undies he refused. Okay, so he wanted to go commando

Well, he didn't have ANY accidents. Or little pees. He would hold it until I reminded him to go potty.

So maybe that's the trick, just wearing loose pants and nothing snug like undies or trainers. Maybe that snug feeling is too diaper-like for him? At any rate, today is going really well so far
YEAH!!!!! Boys & their business! Mine prefers naked!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #29
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
YEAH!!!!! Boys & their business! Mine prefers naked!
LOL!

This next bit might be TMI

I TOTALLY jinxed myself by posting while he is still awake So, um, he was VERY busy playing his reward of Angry Birds...and went #2 in his loose pants. So loose that it just rolled right out the leg and onto the carpet. And then my almost-8-yo DS1 STEPPED on one

Old 12-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:

LOL!

This next bit might be TMI

I TOTALLY jinxed myself by posting while he is still awake So, um, he was VERY busy playing his reward of Angry Birds...and went #2 in his loose pants. So loose that it just rolled right out the leg and onto the carpet. And then my almost-8-yo DS1 STEPPED on one
Lmao!!!!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote