Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
KatieB621's Avatar
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Claxton, GA
Posts: 1,971
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh View Post
AFM: So I am pretty sure I FINALLY got my first ppaf this morning. I had a false alarm a month or so ago, but this time feels real, so fingers crossed. I am really hoping this is it, because it will be so nice to know where I am in my cycle.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Yay for PPAF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
Question of the week: Are you all ready for the holidays? What do you have left to do to prepare?

I'm no where near ready as far as wrapping presents/baking/etc....but I've got almost all of my shopping done. Need to do some crafting but the house is decorated and we are already in holiday mode! We do a daily advent activity each day to keep us in the Christmas mindset all month!

So, I need someplace to hang out & chat and I figured this is probably the best place with what I've got going on....

I struggled with infertility before my 3 yo was born, and had one miscarriage.

When he was 14 months old, on my 2nd PP cycle, I was super-mega-surprised to find out I was pregnant!

That cycle started on Nov. 16, 2010 and ended with my adorable Vinnie being born in August.

Well, I had one weird fluke of a AF back in march & then nothing until this fall.

Then I had 2 cycles, the current one which started on Nov. 16, 2012.

Now, we do typically use condoms, if we KNOW I'm near O since we aren't really TRYING & that's about the only time of the month I even feel like DTD.

But, for some reason this month, DH was just "forgetful" and we managed to DTD 6 times, 4 of which were definitely during O week.

So, now I'm in the 2WW and not sure if I'm HOPING to be pregnant or not be pregnant. :/

Here's my chart.

Pregnancy is HARD on me. Like IV nutrition/zofran/fluids hard.

But, 2 of my good friends just had babies and I've definitely go baby brain.

Do ya'll mind if I hang out with you until some ICs get here & I can start testing?

I'm already thinking ahead to, "what if I AM pregnant....how will I tell DH?"

He got super pissed that I told my due-date group friends (from my 3 yo's due date club) before I told him that I was pregnant with Vinnie. BUT, I honestly didn't think it was possible at the time & they are the ones who put all my symptoms together & told me to test.

This time around, they will all know I'm testing & be itching to see the tests. Negative tests I can show them...but if its positive I have to tell my husband first.

BUT, then he was also mad at me that I just called him at work & said, "Guess what? I'm pregnant." (he thought I was kidding at first--who JOKES about that?)

Anyway, I will need a CUTE, QUICK way to tell him, so that I can get on with telling my due-date club friends if I am.

He works on the Naval Station, so seeing him at work is not possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
AFM: I'm a day late. But I think it's just a fluke cycle thing. Since my first PPAF I've ovulated on day 21 or 22 and had a 6-7 day LP. My normal is 11-12 days, and this always happens while I'm breastfeeding and slowly returns to normal. Well this month I O'd on day 14 and am on LP day 8! So of course I'm thinking I'm pregnant, but it's more than likely just the fact that my cycles are regulating. I'll probably get a test tonight just for fun.

I had 2 little ones up all night sick with this cold, and I have it now myself. So we are taking it easy today.
Fingers crossed for both of you mamas that you'll get your BFP's soon!

AOTW: We don't celebrate Christmas in our house (although DH's parents and grandparents do, so we have to do something with them, but as far as IN OUR house we don't do anything....business as usual for us)

AFM: Feeling right now! REALLY trying not to think that these are "symptoms" since I was fooled my last two cycled by PMS, but it's hard not to think about it too. All I wanted at lunch was stewed tomatoes (I like stewed tomatoes, but not to the point that I can't stop thinking about them like I did today), but then after I had them all I wanted to do was lie down and felt so !!! Yesterday during church services I teared up at "Hark! the Herold Angels Sing!" and twice during the sermon (which was about anger....ANGER....and I'm sitting there wanting to ) Two nights ago I was DYING with the heartburn and I NEVER have heartburn!! The only time I ever get heartburn is when I'm pg. I've also started having headaches and slight dizzy spells, which is very uncommon for me.

I'm afraid that if I mention these things around DH he'll act like I'm crazy. I know all of these things can be PMS symptoms, but they can also be pg symptoms too! I'm at 8DPO today and I've made a FIRM committment to not test until Wed at 10DPO, although my tests in the cabinet are calling me to go POAS! I keep trying to think realisticly, that I'll get a BFN on Wed...be back here next month....It's just PMS....but I don't KNOW that either.

Sorry this was so long. I just haven't been able to talk about how I've been feeling physically and emotionally because of how DH might react and say I'm "complaining." I don't want people in my family knowing that we're NTNP really, and I think I might want to keep the next pg. a secret for a little while. I just needed to somewhat vent about myself. Venting over!!

Advertisement

__________________
~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #22
TeachinAuntie's Avatar
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 8,156
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
AFM: Feeling right now! REALLY trying not to think that these are "symptoms" since I was fooled my last two cycled by PMS, but it's hard not to think about it too. All I wanted at lunch was stewed tomatoes (I like stewed tomatoes, but not to the point that I can't stop thinking about them like I did today), but then after I had them all I wanted to do was lie down and felt so !!! Yesterday during church services I teared up at "Hark! the Herold Angels Sing!" and twice during the sermon (which was about anger....ANGER....and I'm sitting there wanting to ) Two nights ago I was DYING with the heartburn and I NEVER have heartburn!! The only time I ever get heartburn is when I'm pg. I've also started having headaches and slight dizzy spells, which is very uncommon for me.

I'm afraid that if I mention these things around DH he'll act like I'm crazy. I know all of these things can be PMS symptoms, but they can also be pg symptoms too! I'm at 8DPO today and I've made a FIRM committment to not test until Wed at 10DPO, although my tests in the cabinet are calling me to go POAS! I keep trying to think realisticly, that I'll get a BFN on Wed...be back here next month....It's just PMS....but I don't KNOW that either.

Sorry this was so long. I just haven't been able to talk about how I've been feeling physically and emotionally because of how DH might react and say I'm "complaining." I don't want people in my family knowing that we're NTNP really, and I think I might want to keep the next pg. a secret for a little while. I just needed to somewhat vent about myself. Venting over!!
I've been having a lot of the same type things.

I'm STARVING. Feel dehydrated all the time.

Tired (but I don't get a lot of sleep)

Leg cramps

CRAVING milk like its going out of style...

And had dizzy spells and a headache since SAturday....

Oh and ALL of the Christmas music makes me teary!
__________________
Steph: DW to Tim
Proud Mama to Lucas Wayne 10/18/09 & Vincent James8/8/11

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
ashliemh's Avatar
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,535
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
What do ya'll think? Idea for telling DH *IF* I am pregnant...

We could have my friend's oldest standing with Luke, with a sign around his neck/in front of him that says #1...

then her 2nd child with Vinnie (might have to put Vin in the stroller) and a sign that says #2

and then her youngest with the #3 sign & an arrow pointing at me with a bulls-eye sign on my belly.

She is military & can get me on base, but not into DH's building....but he could look out the window & see us or come down.
I like that idea! FX that you are preggers! When are you planning to test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
I don't have any cute ideas, but I hope you find out soon!!




Yay for PPAF! I love when I am able to start tracking my cycles again too.


AFM: I'm a day late. But I think it's just a fluke cycle thing. Since my first PPAF I've ovulated on day 21 or 22 and had a 6-7 day LP. My normal is 11-12 days, and this always happens while I'm breastfeeding and slowly returns to normal. Well this month I O'd on day 14 and am on LP day 8! So of course I'm thinking I'm pregnant, but it's more than likely just the fact that my cycles are regulating. I'll probably get a test tonight just for fun.

I had 2 little ones up all night sick with this cold, and I have it now myself. So we are taking it easy today.
Can't wait to hear what your test shows! Fx for you and I hope you all feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Yay for PPAF!!!





Fingers crossed for both of you mamas that you'll get your BFP's soon!

AOTW: We don't celebrate Christmas in our house (although DH's parents and grandparents do, so we have to do something with them, but as far as IN OUR house we don't do anything....business as usual for us)

AFM: Feeling right now! REALLY trying not to think that these are "symptoms" since I was fooled my last two cycled by PMS, but it's hard not to think about it too. All I wanted at lunch was stewed tomatoes (I like stewed tomatoes, but not to the point that I can't stop thinking about them like I did today), but then after I had them all I wanted to do was lie down and felt so !!! Yesterday during church services I teared up at "Hark! the Herold Angels Sing!" and twice during the sermon (which was about anger....ANGER....and I'm sitting there wanting to ) Two nights ago I was DYING with the heartburn and I NEVER have heartburn!! The only time I ever get heartburn is when I'm pg. I've also started having headaches and slight dizzy spells, which is very uncommon for me.

I'm afraid that if I mention these things around DH he'll act like I'm crazy. I know all of these things can be PMS symptoms, but they can also be pg symptoms too! I'm at 8DPO today and I've made a FIRM committment to not test until Wed at 10DPO, although my tests in the cabinet are calling me to go POAS! I keep trying to think realisticly, that I'll get a BFN on Wed...be back here next month....It's just PMS....but I don't KNOW that either.

Sorry this was so long. I just haven't been able to talk about how I've been feeling physically and emotionally because of how DH might react and say I'm "complaining." I don't want people in my family knowing that we're NTNP really, and I think I might want to keep the next pg. a secret for a little while. I just needed to somewhat vent about myself. Venting over!!
You are stronger than me! I hope Wed. brings you a BFP!!

AFM: Well I have been spotting off and on today but no real flow to speak of...wondering if my body is being weird or if AF is really on her way. Is it weird that I hope that she is? Lol. Hope you all have a great night!
__________________
Wife to N (5-21-05), Momma to H (9-9-06), G (6-23-09) and L (2-8-12)
Missionary in the beautiful highlands of PNG
ashliemh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
TeachinAuntie's Avatar
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 8,156
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

I'll probably start testing on Wednesday, but it depends on when I actually GET some tests.
__________________
Steph: DW to Tim
Proud Mama to Lucas Wayne 10/18/09 & Vincent James8/8/11

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
KatieB621's Avatar
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Claxton, GA
Posts: 1,971
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh View Post
I like that idea! FX that you are preggers! When are you planning to test?



Can't wait to hear what your test shows! Fx for you and I hope you all feel better soon!



You are stronger than me! I hope Wed. brings you a BFP!!

AFM: Well I have been spotting off and on today but no real flow to speak of...wondering if my body is being weird or if AF is really on her way. Is it weird that I hope that she is? Lol. Hope you all have a great night!
I'm not any stronger than anyone else....I made a deal with another mama on DS that we would both test on Wed. We're only 1 day different on our cycles. So I kind-of feel accountable to stay with the deal I've made and hold off.
__________________
~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #26
KatieB621's Avatar
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Claxton, GA
Posts: 1,971
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
I've been having a lot of the same type things.

I'm STARVING. Feel dehydrated all the time.

Tired (but I don't get a lot of sleep)

Leg cramps

CRAVING milk like its going out of style...

And had dizzy spells and a headache since SAturday....

Oh and ALL of the Christmas music makes me teary!
Being tired hit this afternoon....took a long nap with DD, but then got up and felt like moving furniture. Now, after tacos for supper I feel a little again. I still have this feeling that it's just PMS again.
__________________
~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #27
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh View Post
Sounds like you have a plan mama I really like the idea of the bags...I may need to steal that from you

AFM: So I am pretty sure I FINALLY got my first ppaf this morning. I had a false alarm a month or so ago, but this time feels real, so fingers crossed. I am really hoping this is it, because it will be so nice to know where I am in my cycle.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jealous! I never thought i would miss my period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
Yay for PPAF!!!





Fingers crossed for both of you mamas that you'll get your BFP's soon!

AOTW: We don't celebrate Christmas in our house (although DH's parents and grandparents do, so we have to do something with them, but as far as IN OUR house we don't do anything....business as usual for us)

AFM: Feeling right now! REALLY trying not to think that these are "symptoms" since I was fooled my last two cycled by PMS, but it's hard not to think about it too. All I wanted at lunch was stewed tomatoes (I like stewed tomatoes, but not to the point that I can't stop thinking about them like I did today), but then after I had them all I wanted to do was lie down and felt so !!! Yesterday during church services I teared up at "Hark! the Herold Angels Sing!" and twice during the sermon (which was about anger....ANGER....and I'm sitting there wanting to ) Two nights ago I was DYING with the heartburn and I NEVER have heartburn!! The only time I ever get heartburn is when I'm pg. I've also started having headaches and slight dizzy spells, which is very uncommon for me.

I'm afraid that if I mention these things around DH he'll act like I'm crazy. I know all of these things can be PMS symptoms, but they can also be pg symptoms too! I'm at 8DPO today and I've made a FIRM committment to not test until Wed at 10DPO, although my tests in the cabinet are calling me to go POAS! I keep trying to think realisticly, that I'll get a BFN on Wed...be back here next month....It's just PMS....but I don't KNOW that either.

Sorry this was so long. I just haven't been able to talk about how I've been feeling physically and emotionally because of how DH might react and say I'm "complaining." I don't want people in my family knowing that we're NTNP really, and I think I might want to keep the next pg. a secret for a little while. I just needed to somewhat vent about myself. Venting over!!
phantom symptoms are the worst. I have been nauseous every day since like the 29th and it's driving me crazy! It must be something in my diet.

I'm having such a hard time resisting the whole pregnancy math thing. You know, "well we BD on x day so I could have ovulated 5 days later and still conceived which would make me x DPO" Blah! I think I need to order some ovulation tests so I can at least have a general idea if I O. I'm think i'm going to give myself one of those lunar fertility charts for Christmas...it'll be fun if nothing else.
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
KatieB621's Avatar
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Claxton, GA
Posts: 1,971
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
Jealous! I never thought i would miss my period!



phantom symptoms are the worst. I have been nauseous every day since like the 29th and it's driving me crazy! It must be something in my diet.

I'm having such a hard time resisting the whole pregnancy math thing. You know, "well we BD on x day so I could have ovulated 5 days later and still conceived which would make me x DPO" Blah! I think I need to order some ovulation tests so I can at least have a general idea if I O. I'm think i'm going to give myself one of those lunar fertility charts for Christmas...it'll be fun if nothing else.
ME TOO!!!! I do the EXACT same thing....."If I O'd early this month then I'm not x DPO, but really x DPO, which means I could have concieved on x day." BAHAHAHA!

I've been thinking of getting some OPKs too, but I KNOW I'm going to start temping next month if I don't get a BFP. What is the best basal therm? I've looked at the reviews on just about all of them and find good and bad reviews on them all. I know it's only a few bucks, but I hate to waste money. I have a way to chart it on my MyDays app on my Kindle, but need a therm.
__________________
~Katie B.~
Devoted wife of Cory , SAHM to Sadie (8/12/10), Eli (11/24/11) , Mollyann (8/21/13) and waiting to meet 2 Children God is keeping for us until we get there
KatieB621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
ME TOO!!!! I do the EXACT same thing....."If I O'd early this month then I'm not x DPO, but really x DPO, which means I could have concieved on x day." BAHAHAHA!

I've been thinking of getting some OPKs too, but I KNOW I'm going to start temping next month if I don't get a BFP. What is the best basal therm? I've looked at the reviews on just about all of them and find good and bad reviews on them all. I know it's only a few bucks, but I hate to waste money. I have a way to chart it on my MyDays app on my Kindle, but need a therm.
Yes! and it's even worse when you don't have a period. Every single BD could be "it". I think I'm a couple months away from doing the temping...I'm jsut too lazy. If I get to march or april without a BFP I'll probably start though. I am going to try to pick up some hpts and opks at the dollar store tomorrow. Gotta be prepared!
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #30
kimmiepie's Avatar
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,107
My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

Well, BFN! I'm only 8dpo so a little early anyway. I did get a BFP at 8dpo with one pregnancy and the rest at 9 or 10. So if AF doesn't show tomorrow I'll use another. I used the $store one...they have a new one and I don't like it. It won't let me take it apart to analyze it! lol
__________________
Kim ~ Wife to Michael and SAHM to Hannah (14), Aidan (12), Brighton (9), Oliver (6) and Ephraim (3) 8/10/101/12/11
kimmiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.