Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #41
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
I'm so ashamed.....I caved! I had two FRER that were calling me......Pee on me....Come Pee on Me.

With that said I'll probably be using the other tomorrow morning, because I think I have a squinter! SQUEEE!! I really thought I'd just see a BFN and that I'd just post the pic tomorrow, but now I'm going to be POAS again tomorrow to see if the line is darker. Fingers crossed that it will be!

Natural Light:

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/KatieB621/Pregnancy/DSCF3342.jpg

Inverted:

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/KatieB621/Pregnancy/DSCF3342-001.jpg

DH was still here so I showed it to him before he left for work. I needed someone elses opinon to make sure that I wasn't crazy, but he said "It's there, but faint." Do you see it? Am I going nuts? I'm 9 DPO.
No squinting for me! Congrats!

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #42
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NTNP December 9th - December 15th

It probably was a good thing that I ended up testing a day early.... Took DS in for his 12m. well check. He still isn't pulling up to a standing position, so his ped sent him to the hossy to have x-rays done of his spine. He thinks that there is a possiblility of him having a very mild form of spina bifida. Because of the test this morning, I couldn't stay in the room with him for his x-rays, but at least I knew. Now just waiting the results to see if we'll go to a pediatric neurologist or a pedatric neurosurgon (sp?). Please keep him in your prayers.

Becaue of the hormones and the shock of his appointment I've been nothing but a terriable mess!!! I'm not ready to move over to the pg boards quite yet. I have kept thinking all day how will I get through being pregnant or with a nb with the problems that we may be facing with him. The more I've read about it since I've got home the more it makes sense. The meds that I had to take during pregnancy for my epilepsy can cause spina bifida.

Everyone I've talked to (his doctor, DH, my sister, mom, a friend from my old DDC) have all tried to keep assuring me that if there is anything wrong that it's very mild and that it may require lots of therapy or assistance of some sort for him to learn to walk, but that they think he could do it. His doctor was very impressed by how he learned to "scoot" around on his bottom. He said that was a very good sign that there probably wouldn't be ANY congnitive delays.

I've literally all day. I'm so exahausted from that my head hurts, eyes are swollen, etc. Nausa also has hit some today. I know that our family (since it would affect all of us) will get through whatever is ahead for Eli with God's help. Just please remember him in your prayers until we find out more....sometime tomorrow. Thanks mamas for all the congrats.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #43
ashliemh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey Katie...I just wanted to say I will definitely pray for you and your little guy! If it helps at all my sisters little girl was the same way, scooting at 12 months, but not pulling up or trying to walk etc. She was worried about it too, but her DD just seemed to take her time. She walked at about 15 1/2 months. She is perfectly healthy. Hope that helps to reassure you a little
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #44
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh View Post
Hey Katie...I just wanted to say I will definitely pray for you and your little guy! If it helps at all my sisters little girl was the same way, scooting at 12 months, but not pulling up or trying to walk etc. She was worried about it too, but her DD just seemed to take her time. She walked at about 15 1/2 months. She is perfectly healthy. Hope that helps to reassure you a little
We've been thinking the same thing so far (well, at least DH REALLY has). I used to teach special education and have thought something may have been wrong for a little while. He never really rolled over, started sitting up a little late, and now this. Our Ped is extremely laid back, doesn't give me grief because we deny some vac and we're open to more natural remedies than most of his pat, but he seemed to be a little concerned. He usually NOT concerned about anything, so when he's concerned there usually is something to be concerned about.

I'm banning myself from the internet for the rest of the night in regards to researching SB. I read something earlier that I'd have about a 10% chance of this (if there is something wrong) happening again. Just having epilepsy makes me slightly higher than the general public for SB....so now my chances with my new pg may be as high as 20%. Again...that's all a bunch of IF'S. I'll What If myself to death if I keep this up! All I or anyone else can do is pray, wait, and prepare. He's hitting every other milestone on time, except Gross Motor Skills.

Thank you for your concern and most of all your prayers. They are really appreciated. Hopefully it is just like you said...he's just taking his time!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #45
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliemh View Post
Oh no! I hope everything turns out ok. Hang in there!
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #46
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post

We've been thinking the same thing so far (well, at least DH REALLY has). I used to teach special education and have thought something may have been wrong for a little while. He never really rolled over, started sitting up a little late, and now this. Our Ped is extremely laid back, doesn't give me grief because we deny some vac and we're open to more natural remedies than most of his pat, but he seemed to be a little concerned. He usually NOT concerned about anything, so when he's concerned there usually is something to be concerned about.

I'm banning myself from the internet for the rest of the night in regards to researching SB. I read something earlier that I'd have about a 10% chance of this (if there is something wrong) happening again. Just having epilepsy makes me slightly higher than the general public for SB....so now my chances with my new pg may be as high as 20%. Again...that's all a bunch of IF'S. I'll What If myself to death if I keep this up! All I or anyone else can do is pray, wait, and prepare. He's hitting every other milestone on time, except Gross Motor Skills.

Thank you for your concern and most of all your prayers. They are really appreciated. Hopefully it is just like you said...he's just taking his time!
Hugs! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

AFM- DH has decided that he isn't on board with having another. I'm going to have to step away. You can delete me from the list. I hope you ladies get your bfp's soon. I'll lurk occasionally, but I need to come to terms with not having anymore children. If by some miracle he changes his mind I'll be back, until then.

Fingers crossed and baby dust sent to all of you.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #47
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post

AFM- DH has decided that he isn't on board with having another. I'm going to have to step away. You can delete me from the list. I hope you ladies get your bfp's soon. I'll lurk occasionally, but I need to come to terms with not having anymore children. If by some miracle he changes his mind I'll be back, until then.

So sorry piney I hope you find peace, whatever you both decide.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #48
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post

He's not on board with another one ever?!! Oh Sarah I'm so sorry! I really hope he changes his mind.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #49
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

and prayers, Katie!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #50
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry Pine! Hopefully he'll come around!