Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 9th-15th

Oooh, weaning piglets. Sounds fun!!
Hope driving to the u/s isnt hard with all the snow.

No linea nigra here. Stretch marks with ds but not dd so im keeping my fx thst there arent new ones this time.
They faded on there own. I mean, i always use thick creams so idk if that helped.

Afm: just chillin today. Cold front came through so i dont wanna leave.
Laundry and cleaning.

Got the kids xmas jammies yesterday from.carters. So far, the only xmas gifts purchased

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
Random question, did any of you get belly lines straight down your belly? I had one with DS and just noticed that its back! I dont know why, but it totally made me excited.
It was a while before my linea nigra showed up with DS. I was probably 30/35-ish weeks? Nothing yet for this pregnancy, but I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

I did with DD1 but not DD2. I do, however, have quite an impressive collection of stretch marks in a variety of sizes and colors. Anyone know something that works to fade them for when I'm done making babies?
Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy worked WONDERS for me. I applied twice daily for about three months immediately after DS was born, then probably daily for another three months or so. My stretch marks were awful at first and now there are hardly any to speak of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt
Well we ended up with about 15" from the blizzard we had yesterday!
SO. JEALOUS. It is currently 68 degrees and RAINING here.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #23
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had no idea that line down the belly had a name. How funny!

Lots of storms here today (rain and thunder) and we are also under a tornado watch until the afternoon. So I've got the weather radio blasting and TV on for DS while I check out the radar (and diaperswappers... ).
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, I get asked at least once a day if I know what I'm having. "A baby," is my usual response. I get sick of it, but anyway... One of the managers at work today said he hopes he has all boys so he won't feel bad being mean to them. wth?? I replied, "That's a horrible thing to say," and walked away.

I was so taken aback. I really wanted to go back later and give him a piece of what I thought. I'm not sure how joking he was because he says his siblings threaten to take their kids to his house if they're bad. =(

Now back on topic, lol. As far as stretch marks, I got lucky last time, but I will continue my regimen this time also. Basically, I use a body scrub a few days a week in the shower followed by a heavy belly balm when I get out (happens to be Burt's Bees).

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
So, I get asked at least once a day if I know what I'm having. "A baby," is my usual response. I get sick of it, but anyway... One of the managers at work today said he hopes he has all boys so he won't feel bad being mean to them. wth?? I replied, "That's a horrible thing to say," and walked away.

I was so taken aback. I really wanted to go back later and give him a piece of what I thought. I'm not sure how joking he was because he says his siblings threaten to take their kids to his house if they're bad. =(

Now back on topic, lol. As far as stretch marks, I got lucky last time, but I will continue my regimen this time also. Basically, I use a body scrub a few days a week in the shower followed by a heavy belly balm when I get out (happens to be Burt's Bees).
Eh, people say all kinds of dumb stuff until they have their own kids. Everyone's a perfect parent til they have kids. He'd probably be a huge old softie, and end up with all girls anyway!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #26
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Thats horrible. I should start using a balm, I didn't do anything last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Oooh, weaning piglets. Sounds fun!!
Hope driving to the u/s isnt hard with all the snow.

No linea nigra here. Stretch marks with ds but not dd so im keeping my fx thst there arent new ones this time.
They faded on there own. I mean, i always use thick creams so idk if that helped.

Afm: just chillin today. Cold front came through so i dont wanna leave.
Laundry and cleaning.

Got the kids xmas jammies yesterday from.carters. So far, the only xmas gifts purchased
Glad someone else is at the same place with Christmas shopping as me I do have a cart full on Amazon and Etsy. Just need to decide I'm done and do it! And I need to figure something out for the teachers. I was thinking today of making taco seasoning for family(like siblings, parents, ect) and putting it in the little mason jars. My Moms coming out this weekend to work on some baking so I have to figure it out before Thursday so she can grab what we need at Sams Club.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

lol - I guess I just think it's funny.

DH was saying if we have a boy, he'll have to be the mean one.. I was like 'you think I'm mean to our daughter??' and he's like, 'no, but I prolly let her get away with more things because she's a girl than I would let a boy get away with'.

somehow he thinks that he'll be the primary disciplinarian if we have a boy.. I keep explaining that unless I go back to work and he becomes the SAHD, I'm going to be the primary disciplinarian for the kids - I'm the one they're with all day.

anyways.. I'm sure that the manager just meant the same thing. Men have different standards for little boys. But they become mush around little girls.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #28
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
Men have different standards for little boys. But they become mush around little girls.
I don't get this. DH can be so harsh with DS sometimes. "What?!?? He's a BOYYY" is the response I usually get. So? Gosh. Poor kid :/ DH was seriously relieved we aren't having a girl, though. He's so afraid because he KNOWS he will be putty in her little hands haha
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post

I don't get this. DH can be so harsh with DS sometimes. "What?!?? He's a BOYYY" is the response I usually get. So? Gosh. Poor kid :/ DH was seriously relieved we aren't having a girl, though. He's so afraid because he KNOWS he will be putty in her little hands haha
Men (and some women too) are under the impression that you have to be "mean" to boys so they can "toughen up" and be "men". I find it silly. I think it promotes the idea boys aren't supposed to "have feelings". :/
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #30
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

Men (and some women too) are under the impression that you have to be "mean" to boys so they can "toughen up" and be "men". I find it silly. I think it promotes the idea boys aren't supposed to "have feelings". :/
Yeah, which is exactly why my DH is having to re-learn basic emotions and communication skills (ie NOT anger) at nearly 30 years of age.