Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm pretty disillusioned when it comes to San Diego, but I would say that it is probably a better choice for a family with a young child.

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Las Vegas or San Diego

san diego
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

San Diego. Vegas that time of the year is cold, often snowy/rainy and not much for kids.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep San Diego. Save Vegas for a weekend adults only trip but I admit the ONLY thing I liked about Vegas was the fountains near the belagio at night :P

Last edited by erin_c_odonnell; 12-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #15
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
San Diego. Vegas that time of the year is cold, often snowy/rainy and not much for kids.
nah. Highs in January are about 58 during the day, and we get very little rain in January. Something like .5 of an inch....and it never snows in town.(like maybe once every 2 years) The mountains get snow but nothing that would even touch the strip or neighborhoods. We haven't had measurable snow in over 6 years.

But no there is not much for kids...shark reef, but that is super short, everything reeks of smoke, and there are creepy guys dressed like animation characters on every corner.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

OOps, clarifying that I don't mean like snow on the ground every day or even every week. I guess it sounded like that huh? What I meant is that I'm a few hours from Vegas and we get these super cold storms that time of the year off the coast and often there's flurries and some snow in the mountains. It's actually the coldest time of the year for us. Just not something I'd be thrilled about if I was on vacay. That's funny that you say that Katie, they always make a big deal about how nevada got hit every time we get one of these on the news. What's your elevation there?

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 12-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs
OOps, clarifying that I don't mean like snow on the ground every day or even every week. I guess it sounded like that huh? What I meant is that I'm a few hours from Vegas and we get these super cold storms that time of the year off the coast and often there's flurries and some snow in the mountains. It's actually the coldest time of the year for us. Just not something I'd be thrilled about if I was on vacay. That's funny that you say that Katie, they always make a big deal about how nevada got hit every time we get one of these on the news. What's your elevation there?
About 2000 feet. Snow is very rare here in the valley. It can get windy and nights are about 38. But it is far from cold during the day for non-natives.

I dont think the strip has even had measurable snow in over 10 years. I dont even think it has flurried there in 10 years.

We are 15 min from the strip and had 1/4 of an inch last year. It was on the ground for about an hour. Lol. Before that it was 3 years and I lived here for 6 years before we saw any type of snow at all.

January is a good time to come. 58 degrees is nice to walk around in and its a slow time of year.
But with a 2 year old, nope. It would be a huge waste of money IMO.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

That's way lower than I expected, we're at 4,000ft so yeah... a wee bit colder. LOL How funny, the weather stations are always saying you are slated for flurries. We didn't get any of that last year, it blew past us so fast we didn't have a chance.

But yeah, back on topic...I can't think of much I'd want to do with kids there or even without. I'm too cheap to gamble so I'd never enjoy myself there.

Re: san diego, my brother was stationed there for a while, there's a nice aquarium and the beaches aren't super cold this time of the yr either.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #19
TwistedBranches
Registered Users
Formerly: MommaCrunch82
seller
seller

My Mood:
San Diego. I live around the Vegas area and there is way more to do in SD with a child than Vegas. Save it for an adults only trip! Vegas has some fun things to do on it's outskirts if you like nature (Mt Charleston, Lake Mead, etc)-- but SD is better with a family hands down!

PS- if you do decide Vegas and end up at lake mead, or any water anywhere for that matter, make sure your child wears a life jacket! I had to work a 2yr old fatality this year on the beach and it was heartbreaking and easily preventable...

Follow me on Pinterest! || Twisted Branches Woodburnings || TwistedBranches WAHM Thread
TwistedBranches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #20
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

San Diego! It's beautiful I think if you're not into gambling, Las Vegas just seems like a giant materialistic waste. I went last year for a concert, and the concert was the best part! I wouldn't want to take littles to LV either.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote