Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

We did it! YAY! :)

Ok, so we just officially pulled my DD out of public (online) school!

I'm biting my nails worrying I will screw this up. EEK! But I am also excited to be able to help her excel and keep her challenged! YAY!

Woohoo!

...just wanted to share with some mamas who would understand.

And to THANK ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL MAMAS! who helped me get to this point!

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: We did it! YAY! :)

Yeah!! So happy for you! It really sounded like the program you were using was a very poor set for your family. I hope you find something perfect this time around. Any idea what you are going to use or are you doing your own thing?
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Yeah!! So happy for you! It really sounded like the program you were using was a very poor set for your family. I hope you find something perfect this time around. Any idea what you are going to use or are you doing your own thing?
Well, we (for now) are using completecurriculum.com for a GUIDELINE of what we should be teaching.

we are supplementing heavily with other things.

For example, for math, we are using flashcards, and ixl.com. For right now, this is plenty b/c she just needs the practice to get more efficient with her abilities. She knows HOW to add, subtract and multiply. Now it is just helping her get more efficient with it, before we can add any new concepts.

For Lang Arts, we are doing a daily journal, reading aloud EVERYDAY, along with a weekly trip to the library for storytime and to allow them to pick out their own books and read at home. As she gets older and more advanced, I'll incorporate book reports and art projects based on the books she picks. This week we started with a list of 3 vocabulary words that I plan to have her work with a little bit each day. I hope to keep that up each week, but if we miss a week here or there, I am okay with that, too.

Art is just as we go. I hate Art. She loves to paint and draw and color, and does that on her own without prompting everyday, so for now I feel that fulfills Art.

Science is being managed by DH, but I assume he will do something small with them weekly, based on the lessons from the curriculum we got. He is really excited to do science experiments and projects and such.

The rest will be as we see a need. I know eventually she will need some serious history and social studies. But for now, I am happy with this, and she is doing well.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm happy for you and your dd. I agree with Jen, The PS curriculum did not seem suited to your family. What you have planned out seems great. :thumsup:
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So excited for you as you begin the homeschool journey. I think you have an excellent plan in mind and you will do a wonderful job!
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I'm happy for you and your dd. I agree with Jen, The PS curriculum did not seem suited to your family. What you have planned out seems great. :thumsup:
Thank you! And thank you for your help and support! we seem to follow each other around on diaperswappers, lol. I appreciate your encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagruber View Post
So excited for you as you begin the homeschool journey. I think you have an excellent plan in mind and you will do a wonderful job!
Thanks so much!

I am nervous but just doing my best and going to keep up with it