Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Today has been my worst day yet. After a week of feeling almost 100% better, my nausea is back with a vengeance. I've had maybe an hour total reprieve. But I'm totally good with every single second of it.

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #22
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 Weekly Chat: Dec. 10-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords View Post
We had to take the car in for an oil change this morning. My 2 year old was terrible and I felt so nauseous by the time it was done! It took almost 2!!!! Hours!! Next time we need a drop off plan!!
I am sorry you had a hard time! I need to do this ASAP too and I think it will not happen till Wednesday at the earliest. Maybe I can get DH to drop off the van on Saturday to get it done then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords View Post
I'm having such a hard time coming up with a great Christmas present for DD! I dished out all my great ideas to grandparents (she's getting a balance bike, enclosed trampoline, light table, and a handmade rocking horse!). Anything we get her will be sad in comparison lol though I am grateful they have the expensive stuff covered
I am having a hard time too. So I am just letting DS not realize that we didn't get him anything great. We live far from everyone so he opens everything at the same time anyway. He gets spoiled from everyone else and we just fade into the background. BTW my son loves his trampoline. We have it in the basement and it is a God send!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I love GMD workhorse diapers. I'm using them now with DS & can't wait to order my newborn size. My fave covers are Blueberry OS coveralls. A friend gave me a couple of sized Thirsties covers & I like them too. But I've never CDed a newbie, so I'm not sure about newborn stuff, but I plan to go for newborn sizes in the brands I already like. I can tell you that I HATE Flips. I LOVE wool too! If they weren't so expensive I would probably use them all the time. I have 4 Bummis newborn covers.
That is great that you love those! I had one blueberry OS cover and it was okay, but one of the snaps never stayed snapped. It was very annoying! Good to know about the Flips. Those were not around 4 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Diapers!?!? I don't think I'll think too much about those until after the holidays. I'm up to my eyeballs in angel robes just this week.

I'm thinking I will take the 3 doz small IPFs and convert them to hip snapping fitteds. PFs + me + newborn blowouts= too much wool to clean. I still have a good bit of crocheted wool from both DD and DS2. I also have 2 skeins waiting for me to dye a "colorway" I've been dreaming about since DD potty trained. Grandma is just waiting for me to give her her crochet assignments.

I have felt very little nausea today. Trying to see that as a blessing and not worry.
You are so lucky to have grandma to help with crocheting! I have just me! I have my grandmother and my mother both alive and well and I am the only one that crochets! My great grandmother used to but she died in 1992 so that isn't of any help.

I hope you got nausea today! I am feeling relatively good right now myself but I know if I were to get up and move around I would feel awful again FAST. I think this baby thinks all my energy is for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Today has been my worst day yet. After a week of feeling almost 100% better, my nausea is back with a vengeance. I've had maybe an hour total reprieve. But I'm totally good with every single second of it.
So glad your feeling bad! (never thought I would say that on a message board!)

AFM - Today is a day of waiting around for a small box with 3 vials of PIO in it. I have to sign for it and so I need to be in the house so I can get it when it comes. It probably will not be here till about 6 with my luck. Last night I had an awful night. I thought for sure I was going to loose my cookies. I asked DH to find the one can of carbonated beverage (think it was ginger ale) in the house that we had, but he said it was drank a while ago. He said he would go out for me but I didn't want to deal with a little boy who wanted to be with his daddy, so I made him stay home. Hopefully tonight I don't regret that decision. I think I would want orange juice with club soda if he were to get anything. I don't want the corn syrup. Tomorrow morning is another blood test for me. Next week I get one blood test on Monday and one on Tuesday! I just hope when I am in the chemo rooms (where I get my port flushed) they don't look at me and try to give me anti nausea meds! "No I really can't have Compozine! I am pregnant not in chemo-therapy!!"
Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gosh, Jennifer... I can't imagine still dealing with a port... That stinks... I remember having to get it flushed, too... the smell/taste of the saline... just thinking about it makes me want to barf because I associate that with the beginning of a chemo treatment and how crappy it made me feel

When do you anticipate having the port removed? I had mine taken out after I was in the clear and done with all chemo and radiations.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Gosh, Jennifer... I can't imagine still dealing with a port... That stinks... I remember having to get it flushed, too... the smell/taste of the saline... just thinking about it makes me want to barf because I associate that with the beginning of a chemo treatment and how crappy it made me feel

When do you anticipate having the port removed? I had mine taken out after I was in the clear and done with all chemo and radiations.
I could have had my port removed after I was done with everything 2 years ago. However I was terrified because my type of lymphoma has a tendency to come back. I didn't mind having the port flushes and thought since my veins are AWFUL it would be helpful to leave it in.

I asked my doctor if I could have it removed this month if I didn't get pregnant. I really didn't think the odds were on my side for me to get pregnant and honestly I am shocked that I am here now.

I have decided to turn it into part of my birth plan now though. I figure if I can keep it through the pregnancy, when I go in for my c-section I can have them access it and use that as my IV and such. With any luck they can put my blood pressure cuff on the same side and I can have an arm free to do the birth that I want (delayed cord clamping, I see the baby before the NICU team does that sort of thing). I will get it taken out after the baby is born as I will be 3 years out then and feel pretty good about being in remission (not that I am not now, but I figure that will be even better).

In the meanwhile I have a feeling that my oncologist will use the fact that I need to get it flushed, to get blood work done between appointments. She cleared me to do the transfer. So I am doing everything in front of her, and she had a PET scan of me in October, but as she says "she owns me" and it is her job to make sure Larry is staying at bay. I will probably be seeing her every 3 months during this pregnancy and I hope to have a PET scan before I leave the hospital with the c-section, for her.

The port flushes don't bother me. I go first thing in the morning (typically leave the house around 6:30 or earlier) and get in and out fairly quickly. I guess because for me I have been doing it for the last 2 years so it is just one of those things. It is strange to be in the building across the street from where my daughter died (strangely I had my chemo and cancer treatments in that building, I give birth on the other side of town) and it is going to be WAY strange to go there when I have a unmistakable belly, but sometimes that happens. As long as I don't get the "oh poor you" look from the elderly I will be fine. I am sure the nurses back in the chemo rooms will be glad to see this come full circle as my son was 15 months old when I was diagnosed and here I am. They always comment on how big he is getting.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow... you've been through sooo much! You are such a strong woman. I am totally awed by you and so very happy you DID get pregnant when you did and now we have met. I get why you didn't remove the port right away. That makes total sense. It actually WILL be handy to have with the c-section for sure
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you!

So what is everyone up to today? My mom sent me a message last night telling me she didn't think that the ice cream cone baby cocoon looked like it would work for a boy (posted link in link thread). I think it would if I used Vanilla and Chocolate ice cream. I am feeling awful today so that is good. I think we will be defrosting the chest freezer tonight so that will be nice too. Oh and I have another med delivery today so that should be fun. I might also spend some time online trying to figure out what we need for this baby this time around. I know I am early but I like to plan.

So what about you?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #27
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I spent about 30 minutes last night trying to research what carseat will rear face comfortably in a Prius lol

I have my first official appt this afternoon! I'm pretty sure we get to see the baby again and I'll get my peri appointment made.

I'm 8 weeks 3 days and with DD they found her using a Doppler this early so I kinda hope they try!

Right now I'm waiting for DD to unlatch so I can wiggle away to shower... And perhaps puke
Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #28
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend that has a prius. If you wait till after the first of the year I can ask her what she used. Her son is about 1.5 years old. I am lucky that I don't have to worry about fitting in a carseat. I have an Odyssey. I could fit a Radian in there if I wanted to go that route (which I don't). I am debating on the getting an infant seat that will be good, in hopes that by the time the baby is bigger, we can get a rear facing to 50 lbs seat. Yeah I like to dream.

Good luck with your appointment today!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #29
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks! We obviously aren't in any hurry lol I think the britax roundabout 55 seems to be the best fit but whatever we get I'd like to try out first.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #30
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords
Thanks! We obviously aren't in any hurry lol I think the britax roundabout 55 seems to be the best fit but whatever we get I'd like to try out first.
I've seen good things about the Combi Cocorro in small cars, too!