Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Easy way to carry 35lbs 3 year old

I agree with a SSC,. There are so many toddler carrier now that you can use,. if you like you might try the Action Baby Carrier (ABC) on this site http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/shop/toddler-carrier/
I had been using our ABC for some time now and DD loves it,. The weight limit for the toddler version is 45lbs. Hope to also get this for Christmas,..lol
Found this and might also be helpful in different carries ..Goodluck!

Advertisement

Last edited by sweetDD; 12-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do put him in the ergo on occasion but it's not easy up and down or easy to take with "in case we need it".

I will look into some of the structured carriers but it sounds like you think a ring sling would be better than just a woven wrap?

Also it's not for great distances, that I would use the ergo. It's more for our walk around the neighborhood when he wants to be carried the last 5-10 minutes home and similar.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-12-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #13
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
I do put him in the ergo on occasion but it's not easy up and down or easy to take with "in case we need it".

I will look into some of the structured carriers but it sounds like you think a ring sling would be better than just a woven wrap?

Also it's not for great distances, that I would use the ergo. It's more for our walk around the neighborhood when he wants to be carried the last 5-10 minutes home and similar.
There is really a huge difference between an Ergo and a toddler SSC like the Toddler Kinderpack. The comfort level is just so much greater - I agree that it was getting really awkward to get DD in/out of the Ergo and it wasn't comfortable while she was on because it hit her mid-back, causing her to bend back and twist while riding.

Some key benefits to a Toddler Kinderpack:
-Extended body length makes it much easier to get kiddo up and down without assistance. I can schlep DD onto my back faster than I could position her in a ring sling.
-Longer, wider shell also makes you and your child more comfortable. The shell comes all the way to DD's neck (she's ~37") and spreads nice and wide under her bottom and hips. I barely feel her weight at all, compared to the strain of wearing her in the Ergo at this size.
-Collapsible carrier is easier to carry with you. I generally just wear the carrier as a backpack, but it is designed to fold up and strap into a neat little package. It wouldn't it in a purse, but you could definitely stuff it in a messenger bag or just under your arm.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Interesting thanks. Not sure if I can justify the cost but it is something to think about. I miss carrying him around, I wonder if he would go for it if he was more comfortable.

Do you know what the difference is between the kinderpack and the kindercarrier? The site makes references but doesn't tell the differences. Are they 2 terms for the same carrier?

Thanks
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Action Baby Carrier also looks nice!

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s

Do you know what the difference is between the kinderpack and the kindercarrier? The site makes references but doesn't tell the differences. Are they 2 terms for the same carrier?

Thanks
The Kindercarry is more like a Mei Tai, the Kinderpack is a structured carrier.

Oh, and DD used to resist getting in the Ergo, but she never complains about the KP.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
The Kindercarry is more like a Mei Tai, the Kinderpack is a structured carrier.

Oh, and DD used to resist getting in the Ergo, but she never complains about the KP.
Gotcha, maybe the kindercarry isn't made much anymore. Their shop just has kinderpacks. thx!

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-12-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Woven wraps all the way! Hands down my absolute favorite way to carry kiddos big and small.

22mo

6.5yo

6mo?

The most versatile, comfortable, and supportive carriers I own.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #19
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the pics!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Kanga xtp