Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Tell me about cloth in the hossy. . .

Advertisement

Last edited by mrspopo; 07-08-2013 at 12:56 AM.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Did any of you bring cloth wipes, too? My 3rd baby reacted even to the pampers sensitive wipes they had at the hospital so I had to use their scratchy wash cloths Do any of you know of a spray cleanser for baby buns that I could just pack in my hospital bag with dry cloth wipes?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

I have not cloth diapered in the hospital yet, however I have 8 newborn fitted diapers. Also I have a couple dozen pre-folds that I am going to be taking with me. Of course that is what I have at this point. I may have more by the time that the baby comes, I am not due until March so I still have some time. I am also taking cloth wipes with me too. I have a bunch of baby washcloths that I have cut the tag off of and use as cloth wipes as well has a bunch of cut down flat folds that I use as well. Our hospital offers a disposable cloth to use as a wipe that you just wet with water they seem to work very well. Our hospital also has told us that we can use their pre-folds if we need to. I am going to be having another c-section (this being my 3rd) and we are already planning on being home within 48 hours. My midwife has stated that if there are no complications I can go home within 2 days! I was out in less than 2 days with my second as well so we are hoping for that this time around. I have also never cloth diapered a newborn either so this will be a learning experience. I am just hoping that I have enough diapers for the whole stay. My husband will be doing the laundry when I get home.
cuddlebunny_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

I brought 18 dipes, cloth wipes, and wetbag to the hospital but ended up only using about a dozen while we're there. Meconium washes off and the stains came off with sun. The hospital used to provide cloth and sposies at least when DS was born a couple of years ago but this time they didn't offer cloth.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #15
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo
My DD had 6 or 7 poopy diapers the first day, so even though we were only there for about 24 hours we still went through a ton of dipes.
This was my experience. Baby didn't wet very much, but kept having little poopy diapers. I only brought 8 or 10, but only planned on (and ended up) staying 24 hours. We went through them all and had to borrow a sposie for the ride home.
I brought a large hanging wet bag and hung it to the isolette.
The nurses hadn't seen much cloth before, but they loved it.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I brought a ton of diapers to the hospital...I just filled a large wet bag with clean ones then set up our change station after I was feeling up to it. I had a CS too but luckily was out on the 3rd day. We probably used around 15-16 diapers because she only started tp poop on the second day. I would bring 20 or so diapers and then use sposies if you run out of get hubby to go do a wash if your close to the hospital and run out.
All of the nurses LOVED our cloth to. They actually use cloth at the hospital I delivered both babies at but they are HUGE prefitted with no covers so tiny cute NB aio's and covers were a hit!

Last edited by Saharan; 12-11-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Saharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We did cloth in the hospital and I had an unexpected c-section. We took lots of diapers, but kept most of them in the car in case we didn't need them. We also took a hanging wetbag and just snapped it to the rolling bassinet. We told the nurses we were only using cloth, and we had a clean diaper in the top of the bassinet at all times in case they needed to change her. They also just tossed the dirty diapers into the wetbag and had no issue doing this. Most of the nurses thought they were so cute and were excited to change them. When we went in for the c-section, DH had the cloth diaper in his pocket and it was the first diaper put on after she was born.

It was a lot easier to use cloth in the hospital than I anticipated. Just tell them from the get go that you want to use cloth, and you have the diapers with you and that if they aren't sure how to use them, then you or DH will gladly change them.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahamama731 View Post
Did any of you bring cloth wipes, too? My 3rd baby reacted even to the pampers sensitive wipes they had at the hospital so I had to use their scratchy wash cloths Do any of you know of a spray cleanser for baby buns that I could just pack in my hospital bag with dry cloth wipes?
My hospital didn't have disposable wipes; they told us to use gauze and water. In fact, they told us not to use disposable wipes at all for at least the first month because of baby's sensitive skin! I would just use water. And make sure that baby is fully dry after using the cloth wipes or gauze before putting the diaper on.

Last edited by editrix; 12-12-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add the word disposable
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
breast4my3
Registered Users

My Mood:

While my youngest was in the NICU, we just used gauze squares and sterile water that they provided. Of course on a 28 oz baby, a gauze square was plenty big.... so for a normal sized baby you may have to use a few!
and begging for 1 more!
breast4my3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no intentions of moving into the hospital, if you know what I mean. I am so fine with using their sposies. I'm a 'take just the necessities & keep it simple' gal. But I also make it clear that I don't want gifts brought to clutter up my space that then have to be packed & unpacked to get back home with us.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote