Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #51
Philosomommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Single mothers by choice

Reading this thread made me smile. I have a 16-year-old daughter and a 11-month-old son. I always wanted my daughter to have a sibling close in age, but it never worked out. Now that I'm "starting all over" with a little one, I really really want to have the sibling experience. My daughter is great with him, but she's really like another adult at this point, and will be going off to college before long. My son's dad is involved with him, but we're no longer together and he is unwilling to have another child. AND, seeing as how I'm 41, the clock is a-tickin'. I would LOVE to find a guy who was willing to help me get pregnant without necessarily being in a relationship. (I'm open to a relationship, just not all that optimistic about one coming along in time.)

I think it's awesome that a few of you on here have gone the known donor route. I guess maybe it's more accessible these days, with the internet and all. Any suggestions on websites I could search? It would be great to find someone local, as opposed to having to do the in-clinic IUI with thawed sperm. I tried going to the Known Donor Registry site, but not much is available to view without registering.

Any updates on OP or PPs?

Advertisement

Philosomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #52
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
Formerly: faithfulorangekids
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow just checked this thread and right now I'm 6 months along with a lil girl looking forward to November!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #53
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello. My name is Michele and I'm TTC #1 using a donor. I am part of the SMC forum (same username) and love all the wonderful women on there. I am addicted to cloth diapers and can't wait to have a little one to buy them for
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #54
mamadecros2012
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am! I left my son's father ( and my ex fiance) when he was barely 3 wks old due to domestic violence. While I have had the opportunities to go back to his dad I don't want my son growing up believing his daddy's actions are acceptable when it comes to loved ones.
mamadecros2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #55
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
Formerly: faithfulorangekids
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kianna arrived on Sunday night! in love with her!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #56
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids
Kianna arrived on Sunday night! in love with her!
Congratulations!! I used to be a single mom, now I'm married, with two girls a dog and another baby otw! Bless you and your little girl!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your adorable baby!! I recall your story and am so happy for you. happy baby moon.

so I will be back in this group as my last child I raised alone since her father and I broke up before i knew I was pregnant. I plan to use a donor in the future and am quite excited about it This will be my last baby and I will again be raising this child alone. I look forward to it. I had several losses this yr and I ended my marriage yet I still want to be pregnant and have another. yay. im beaming with hope.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #58
becca jean
Registered Users

Hello Ladies!!!

I'm finishing up my homestudy so I can adopt through my local children services agency. I am adopting as a single mom. I'm excited and can't wait to be a mom. I was married at one point in life but got divorced almost 4yrs ago and haven't found anyone to share life with since then. I have gotten some flack for my choice but for the most part people seem to be supportive. If they try to give me grief I just tell them that they will not be supporting or raising my child in any way so I don't care what their opinion is. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #59
laur318
Registered Users
seller

congrats!
i wish we had a single mamas thread on here!
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #60
SweetPea14
Registered Users

I am having my donor baby within the next month. I have been happier single and pregnant than I think I ever have been! It was definitely the right choice for me.

Cyndi
SweetPea14 is offline   Reply With Quote