Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
mkrisel
Registered Users

Argh! Crying one month old

Starting yesterday our one month old has been crying inconsolably (st least it feels that way). Her cries are different too and have become raspy. Also not that interested in eating, and never getting into a deep sleep. Took her into the pediatrician today and she's perfectly healthy. I'n glad she's healthy, but wish we knew what was going on. As of now the only suggestion is possibly colic and feel free her back in anytime. Especially if she stays uninterested in eating. I feel horrible nit being able to comfort her. And it's putting our 2.5 year old on edge.
Vent over.

Advertisement

mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Argh! Crying one month old

Not sure what all you've tried (probably everything you can think of) but DS used to do that during growth spurts. He would be hungry, but too upset to eat efficiently because he was starving. And if I wore him he bobbed on my chest trying to eat, only to freak out when I tried to feed him. SO frustrating! Hopefully your baby calms down soon and everyone can get back to the "new normal"
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

"Colic" is just a word doctors use when they can't figure out what's really wrong. If she doesn't improve soon, please consider getting a second opinion.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

This video changed my life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgkZf...e_gdata_player
Priscilla Dunstan baby language.

Hope it helps
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

That's rough. Any other changes? Stools? Gassy? It could totally be a growth spurt. If she won't eat try nursing when she's almost asleep.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son started being colicy at 3 weeks and it lasted until he was 13 weeks. We did lots of testing for various things. The theory I read somewhere that made sense was that once he starts crying his neurological system doesn't know how to shut it off. Somewhere around 3 months they often work this out. My son was a month early and I remember it was really common for babies that were 1 month preemie to have this problem.

It sucked. I had ppd, largely due to that. I wasn't sleeping nearly as much as I needed so my ability to cope with the whole situation was pretty pathetic.

I remember focusing on figuring out what I could control and what made me feel better. When I felt better I was able to take better care of my son.

On the plus side my son that was colicky is now the best kiddo. He is easy going, sweet, and really listens great. My son that was a fabulous baby gives me much more static
Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
mkrisel
Registered Users

And after a huge spit up (which she rarely does) and a major, explosive poop, she is back to herself.
Wish I knew what caused it. I didn't eat anything different. No one else in the house is/was sick.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel View Post
And after a huge spit up (which she rarely does) and a major, explosive poop, she is back to herself.
Wish I knew what caused it. I didn't eat anything different. No one else in the house is/was sick.
There could have been minor bugs that didn't affect you all, but maybe did her. All the crying could have made her gassy which caused more crying which caused more gassiness.... if it happens again maybe try some probiotics.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel View Post
Glad to hear that she's back to herself.