Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We Ditched the Diapers!

We are now on Day 4 of potty training with my ds2, who is almost 2. It's been slow, since he's a "camel" and can hold in the pee for hours. Still, we have progressed: he doesn't like poop in his diapers, has been dry once during nap time, and is one of those kids who just needs some privacy when going shi-shi or bo-bo. He's so proud when he goes shi-shi in the potty, after I catch him mid-stream . It's a challenge for sure, especially with two other boys to care for at the same time, but I'm not turning back to diapers during the day time. I'm not waiting til he's "ready" because I know he is capable! He just needs a lot of practice. Here's to more successes for all of us who are in the "trenches"!

ETA: He finally walked over to the potty and tried to go shi shi while standing! Told him to hold it, sit down and let it go and he went. Ten minutes later, bobos came out and he finished on the potty! So proud of him!

ETA: just wanted to add that this journey has not in any way been "easy". It's actually been quite stressful having to deal with the antics of my 3.5 yo and Breastfeedin/ECing/diapering my almost five month old. The dishes are stacked up, the laundry is in mounds and my butt hurts from sitting down and reading or playing trains with the kids while waiting for shishi or bobos from my 23 month old! Still, I feel like its better to deal with this now rather than later!

Advertisement

Last edited by strongwoman; 12-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: We Ditched the Diapers!

Wooot!
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We're 4 months in and still don't get any warning. We have to take home every hour or deal with the consequences.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you checked out "oh crap, potty training" by Jamie Glowacki? I know it's not for everyone, but its helped me a lot in seeing the stages that my ds2 has to go through before moving on to the next stage. She does cuss and occasionally drops the f-bomb, but. I just phase it out. Check it out at www.jamieglowacki.com. She also has a forum for other moms who are going through the same difficulties you are probably encountering. I haven't checked out the forum yet, although I have thought about it. Her book is an easy read- very conversational and straightforward. Give it a try; it's $15 and I think it's worth it, especially for us mamas who are planning on having more babies
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So stoked! Day 6 of training and my DS is going shishi more consistently on the potty! Tonight my hubby sat him down, told him to let the shishi go and he went. My DH was really proud of him, especially since it was DH's first time seeing the shishi immediately after prompting! I feel like all those hours of just sitting on my butt watching him to make a signal before going have paid off with every shishi and bobo we catch. My DS is so proud of himself, too. He loves emptying out his shishi in the potty and flushing the toilet. No need for any type of bribery or rewards chart, no pleading or cajoling. This is awesome!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Day 7: DS finally went bobos in the potty! He even TOLD us he needed to go before going! Felt like a redemption time after my DH missed the first three catches of shishi. Progress- slow but steady. Glad that DS is getting over this cold, too. We started potty training and boom, he got sick. I didn't want to go back to dipes once I started though. Anyway, the adventure continues!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
Fryedaddy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a sore butt and tons of time sitting by potty and waiting! I'm 9 months pregnant now and it's tough getting up and down every time he yells pee when he really only goes about 25% of that. I'm just being patient and keeping my fingers crossed he will train early. He is 19 months now.
Fryedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
mommybonner
Registered Users

We are on day 4 with my 18 month old son. We only had 5 accidents all day yesterday and are trying to get him to wear underwear now. I do believe just ditching the diapers and getting them naked is the only way to go.
mommybonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryedaddy View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one with a sore butt and tons of time sitting by potty and waiting! I'm 9 months pregnant now and it's tough getting up and down every time he yells pee when he really only goes about 25% of that. I'm just being patient and keeping my fingers crossed he will train early. He is 19 months now.
Lol, even tougher for you, mama! I tried training my DS at that time too while preggers and it was too much on my back and legs. Great job for starting. I hope it continues to go well!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommybonner View Post
We are on day 4 with my 18 month old son. We only had 5 accidents all day yesterday and are trying to get him to wear underwear now. I do believe just ditching the diapers and getting them naked is the only way to go.
Nice! Keep it up mama!