Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #91
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
As some of you know, I've posted before about how much I enjoy living in my husband's townhome because we've only brought what we truly need. I finally got around to pictures.
This is the toys. Grey tote has random stuff, flowers, hats, trucks, balls, scarves, potato head, just little odds and ends. Middle tote is books and a few boxed games. Right tote is a stack of puzzles, blocks, gears.

Our only couch. Its messy, we have a lot of electronics on the floor. The toys are behind couch.

Dining area. Two chairs are missing (propped against back of couch to make a tent). Table in corner has magazines and craft stuff.

Our bedroom. King bed, lamp, sposies, white bucket has some toiletries like essential oils, nail clippers, glasses, witch hazel, razors.

Other half of bedroom. Cloth diapers stacked on floor. Right side of closet is mine. Left is his. I do have many more clothing items at our other house that I'm realizing I can live without. I have a few more in the wash here but not more than about 20. White bucket has underwear items. Pink pile on floor is baby clothes.

I'll post more later of kids room, kitchen, bathrooms. Its pretty sparse. Of course, we have the safety net of leaving everything else at our other house. What's sad is that we were able to comfortably furnish a second home with stuff from our first, with the exception of a vacuum cleaner, king bed, and a few kitchen necessities.

I love our minimalist lifestyle here.

Advertisement

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.

Last edited by elizabeth.scalf; 01-21-2013 at 12:52 PM.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #92
browneyedgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What makes you minimalist? (Picture thread!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
I'm in

My favorite area, because I love our old schoolhouse chairs and it's usually only 5 minutes away from clean.

standing behind the table, facing the opposite way (it's all one room), I don't really like this, I'd prefer a cozy seating area, but I'm deathly afraid of fire retardants, so we don't have any factory made couches or mattresses. One day, I hope to reupholster a vintage couch and replace the fire retardant soaked foam (their art table is on the right and my sewing table is on the left):

Their toy area on the other wall:

Their school area...it can become a catch-all.....obviously:

Kitchen:

On the open wall in the kitchen, our entry area...could use work :

Our room:

Kid's room (before the bed-making fairy comes...yes, we made up a fairy to make bed-making fun:

Kid's closet (all 3 of their clothes fit in that chest...they each get one bin, plus a communal PJ bin):
I love those school house chairs!
browneyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #93
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What makes you minimalist? (Picture thread!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
As some of you know, I've posted before about how much I enjoy living in my husband's townhome because we've only brought what we truly need. I finally got around to pictures.
This is the toys. Grey tote has random stuff, flowers, hats, trucks, balls, scarves, potato head, just little odds and ends. Middle tote is books and a few boxed games. Right tote is a stack of puzzles, blocks, gears.

Our only couch. Its messy, we have a lot of electronics on the floor. The toys are behind couch.

Dining area. Two chairs are missing (propped against back of couch to make a tent). Table in corner has magazines and craft stuff.

Our bedroom. King bed, lamp, sposies, white bucket has some toiletries like essential oils, nail clippers, glasses, witch hazel, razors.

Other half of bedroom. Cloth diapers stacked on floor. Right side of closet is mine. Left is his. I do have many more clothing items at our other house that I'm realizing I can live without. I have a few more in the wash here but not more than about 20. White bucket has underwear items. Pink pile on floor is baby clothes.

I'll post more later of kids room, kitchen, bathrooms. Its pretty sparse. Of course, we have the safety net of leaving everything else at our other house. What's sad is that we were able to comfortably furnish a second home with stuff from our first, with the exception of a vacuum cleaner, king bed, and a few kitchen necessities.

I love our minimalist lifestyle here.

I could so handle that, I can see why you'd love it
Old 01-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #94
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm aspiring. I think we are minimal because we don't make much and I hate clutter. We have a pretty small space though. My SIL is very minimalist and I love her pictures. Here's her blog: www.jodiink.com
I see it in her home and I just love it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #95
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothlover8 View Post

I could so handle that, I can see why you'd love it
Yes, that is my goal with our first house. We are about to move both household into one new house and I want to keep it like the pictures you just saw. I always come back from our townhome and purge a bunch of stuff from our first house. I've made great strides in getting our first house down to minimal, but still have stuff to do. I would love a tad more organizing in our townhome, like the clothes stacked on closet floor. But I didn't want to buy anything like a dresser knowing this was a temporary house.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote