Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Frustrated, irritated...what to do?

Every year I put an order in with a company that does christmas delivery of food. It's meant to help people save for entertaining supplies for christmas, but we use it because DH gets laid off this time of year and we've been in the past notoriously bad savers - we get regular groceries, not entertaining trimmings. You pay in installments in advance, and they deliver between Nov 15th and Dec 15th, all freezer and pantry fare. Never had a problem and this is I think our 5th year doing this.

I got my delivery date of Dec 6th, so we marked it on the calendar so we'd be home when the truck arrived. In the past it was a large refrigerated truck, they knock on my door and we help them bring in the order. DH was home all day, car in the driveway. I took the girls to a playgroup at the mall that we go to every thursday in the morning, and when I got home at just before noon there was a box from the company on my doorstep. It was clearly marked as keep frozen, and the outside temp was above freezing. I rang the doorbell and DH was surprised to find it and us. The box was clearly marked as piece 2 of 2 on the purolator label, which surprised me (the fact that it was a courier, not the number of peices, that I knew), so I called the company I ordered from. The CSR I talked to alerted the delivery team to the problem and said they were going to get a hold of purolator to find out what was going on and hopefully have them come back and deliver the other box.

I called back twice later in the day, and was told the delivery team was on it and they'd get back to me. I called again twice on Friday, was told the same thing.

Frustrated, over the weekend I emailed purolator. They got back to me this morning to tell me that they had no such instructions from the company to deliver it directly into our hands. I told them I'd take that problem up with the company, but asked about the missing package and she asked me for tracking numbers, which I don't have. So I called the company again this morning, and was given the same run around about the delivery team calling me back. I told the CSR that was not good enough and asked to talk to a member of the delivery team to get the info I needed, and she told me she couldn't do that, so I asked for a supervisor. She transferred me to a supervisor, but all I got was voicemail. I left a very irritated but civil message giving the bare outline of what happened and a number to call me, as well as my customer number so she could look into this herself before calling me.

I am extremely irritated over this. In years previous, I'd hardly have anything in my cupboards right now. I am lucky that our financial situation has improved so we don't NEED this shipment, but still. This is a $400 grocery order that's paid in full, and the box I recieved was maybe $100 worth. For all I know they dropped both boxes on my doorstep and one grew legs, but that's going to be very hard to prove unless I can get one or both of these companies to tell me what is going on! I trust my neighbors, but this is a fairly busy street in an area of the country that was hit hard by the economic downturn, and a large red box with the word "Santa" sitting on someone's doorstep is a tempting theft target.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Frustrated, irritated...what to do?

wow that stinks, keep bugging them though, def unacceptable customer service!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yikes! They didn't even do a courtesy knock or ring the doorbell?
I would keep on them mama, seems like their CS is lacking. Sorry you are having to go trough a lot of trouble to get your stuff that you've paid in advance for.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Mack
Registered Users
seller

If you paid with a credit card you do have recourse with the credit card company usually. If you can't work it out with the company you ordered from call your credit card company and dispute your charges. This doesn't work though if you put it on the debit card.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
If you paid with a credit card you do have recourse with the credit card company usually. If you can't work it out with the company you ordered from call your credit card company and dispute your charges. This doesn't work though if you put it on the debit card.
nope, debit card. Credit is not an option, plus the payments have been monthly since Jan of last year, so even if I could dispute charges, I couldn't dispute all of them because it's been too long.

Purolator has since gotten back to me and has found the tracking number for the other box and is running it down. They figure it's likely delivered with someone else's order, but they're at least making the effort to keep me in the loop.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Call and let them know that you will contact the better business bureau.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If this was delivered to someone else, there is no way I would take those items and trust them to be safe! I would ask for a refund.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #8
averinriansmeme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am just curious what sorta place does this? Sound like a great idea. I hope you get everything straight I'd be way annoyed.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

what a mess! I hope you get it all sorted out mama! I would demand a refund or that they replace the order right away
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They left a box that was required to be frozen on the door and lost the other box. You did not sign for the boxes so that fact that box 2 went AWOL is not your problem, they can't show any evidence they delivered it to you.

I would not eat the things in box 1. How do you know it was kept frozen? If they were stupid enough to ditch it on your steps why do you think they were smart enough to keep it frozen the entire time it was in their possession?

I would call the company and demand a full refund OR a new delivery within the next week or you will be writing letters to the BBB, Ontario(?) Health Board, Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Health Canada. With the first letter going to the CFIA offering them the mishandled package they left for you with their shipping information on it, so they can check the food for problems to help in their investigation.

Just out of curiosity, the tracking info of the box you got should be on the website. How long was the frozen box kicking around the Purlator trucks and depos?

Last edited by mgmsrk; 12-11-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typing while nursing
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote