Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Newborn Diaper Demos

Our family welcomed a 3rd beautiful boy on December 2nd. I intended to exclusively cloth diaper from the start, but little man had such a short rise that a lot of our covers and some of the diapers did not fit under the cord! He was born at 8lbs 7oz, dropped down to 7lbs 14oz a couple days later, and was back up to birth weigh as of yesterday.

His first diaper A fitted made by my very talented cousin. I love the fit of this one! She actually made an entire adorable outfit to match the diaper as well but it's still a bit big on him!

Swadlebees Newborn Simplex. This diaper is AMAZING! Fit under the cord at birth, has plenty of room to grow, does not leak. If I had known how much I would love this diaper I would not have gotten anything else!

Grovia Newborn AIO. I really wanted to love these diapers - they are so cute! It did fit under the cord but it was already pretty snug in the waist at day 1, and no longer fits well on him at a week old.

Motherease Bamboo Sandy XS. Another diaper I really wanted to love. I absolutely adore the fit of motherease diapers, and while this worked for fit, he soaked through it instantly on day 1. All the other fitteds/prefolds/etc. I could use coverless until my milk came in.

I tried several covers on him while we were at the hospital, and they all either covered the cord or rubbed up against it, so I waited a couple of days and now he can wear a few of them.

Thirsties Duo Size 1 wrap. This was really big on him the first few days, but it worked, he didn't leak out of the top because he wasn't wetting very much.

Another Duo size 1 wrap. These were both over snappi'd prefolds.

I also found it interesting that the snap Duos fit smaller than the aplix Duos. He still can't wear this one!

Little Lions newborn prefolds (at least that is what they were sold to me as!). These are nice and trim, but thin and not very absorbent. I have to change him often when he wears these. Also, they are already getting snug around the waist.

Diaper Rite newborn prefolds. These are much thicker and nicer, but of course more bulky between the legs. Waist fit is better though.

GMD newborn workhorse. I had to add a cord snap to these when we got home because they too rubbed the cord!

For reference, without a cord snap:

ProRap Newborn over a GMD workhorse. These very plain wraps are actually the best fitting right now! Glad I got some even though they aren't as "fun."

Imse Vimse Cotton Wrap Preemie. This one fits pretty well, it is starting to get a little snug and I will probably move up to the smalls soon!

Prefitted from Baby Coon Designs on Etsy. Super soft and cute

Coming home outfit Shirt by me, pants courtesy of Grammy!

Another more recent Simplex shot, just because they are awesome!

I have some size small covers, some bottombumper diapers, wool soakers, and I want to try a Flip cover on him. I will try to remember to add them here once his cord falls off and I can experiment some more!!!!

My squish

Advertisement

Last edited by babymakes3.4.5....; 12-11-2012 at 08:09 AM.
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn Diaper Demos

I love the fit of the workhorses with the cord snap! good idea!

He is adorable too
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Congrats on your new little man! He is adorable!!!

Thanks for all the action shots of diapers too

Can't wait to see a flip cover on him.

Did you knit that wool sleep sack? Love it!!!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! And no, I'm not talented enough to knit, but I'm very lucky to have a mother-in-law who is!!! She has made all sorts if cute stuff for my babies!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Downright adorable!!! (Congrats!)

and loving the sleepsack
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:

I love this! Thanks for sharing! I ended up buying nb Alvas for my newbie (who isn't here yet) but they look like they are going to run big. I usually end up buying a pack of preemie diapers for my babies...

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!
WeeEssentials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing! Congrats! He is super, super adorable!

I wish there was an option to have a cord snap added to the workhorses, I'm expecting this baby to be under 7lbs. and figure that the WH won't fit under the cord with such a tiny little one. I love seeing newborn action shots! I'm still trying to decide what to get!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats, he's beautiful!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~
Thanks for sharing! Congrats! He is super, super adorable!

I wish there was an option to have a cord snap added to the workhorses, I'm expecting this baby to be under 7lbs. and figure that the WH won't fit under the cord with such a tiny little one. I love seeing newborn action shots! I'm still trying to decide what to get!
You could add the snaps yourself like I did! It's very easy if you've never done it before! Also, baby coon designs on etsy makes prefitteds and she can do all snaps, snap less with 1 snap for the cord, or entirely snap less. She is reasonably priced and great to work with! Good luck making your choices!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
mamarudy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congratulations!! he is adorable, and thank you for sharing! (except now i'm getting baby fever)
mamarudy is offline   Reply With Quote