Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Seeing Red, help me collect my thoughts

I believe you do have a right to be angry and I do think that you should bring it to the director's attention.

BUT, I also think you might be overreacting a smidge as well. EVERYONE has made a mistake or 5 with their own kids, and when others are taking care of them, mistakes can still happen. Just the other day, I was running errands with my own kids, had changed 2 yr old before we left. We got back, she was tired, fell asleep, it was almost 4pm before I realized she was still in the same diaper. And even then I only noticed because it was the only Lovelace we have.

It sounds like this is a one time incident, the way you describe it. So, be upset that it happened, be angry that they tried to cover it, bring it to the director's attention so they can address the issue with the subs, but do all of that with the understanding that mistakes can and do happen.

JMHO.

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemariep View Post
Is there a chance the sub used a disposable diaper on him for one of the changes on accident? Our church nursery sometimes changes my son into a disposable because the person changing him didn't see his cloth diaper and wetbag on the shelf or maybe because some of the nursery ladies are scared of cloth . I would bring it up with the school/teacher, but I would try to ask before I assumed.
Of course anything is possible, but each child has a cubby that is labelled with their name in the diaper changing area. My son's diapers are in his cubby hole, so they would've needed to take it out of someone else's cubby hole. And also, the signature is the same for the two wet diapers, and its a just wet one that we are missing, so she would've put him in cloth one of the times and not the other. And since the 3:20 poopy diaper was there, it would've been taking him out of his diaper from home (obviously cloth), putting him in a disposable at 9:00, and the same sub putting him back in cloth at the 11:00 change (because his 3:20 was definitely cloth since a poopy cloth diaper came home with us). So, while it is possible, it seems unlikely.
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemariep View Post
Is there a chance the sub used a disposable diaper on him for one of the changes on accident? Our church nursery sometimes changes my son into a disposable because the person changing him didn't see his cloth diaper and wetbag on the shelf or maybe because some of the nursery ladies are scared of cloth . I would bring it up with the school/teacher, but I would try to ask before I assumed.
I was wondering that too.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #14
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Well, I called the director. But the main teacher had already brought it to her attention, and she had already talked to the one sub that was there the entire day. Of course, nobody has any idea what happened. The director was very apologetic and appreciative (at least verbally) that we brought it to her attention. I reiterated that DS is very happy there and that in general we are very happy with the care. I also made it sound like I was mostly concerned that the sub system needed some tweaking as opposed to blaming a particular person. At least in my mind I tried to. I even offered up the "maybe he was put in a disposable" theory, but she discarded that on her own pretty quickly.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLump View Post
Well, I called the director. But the main teacher had already brought it to her attention, and she had already talked to the one sub that was there the entire day. Of course, nobody has any idea what happened. The director was very apologetic and appreciative (at least verbally) that we brought it to her attention. I reiterated that DS is very happy there and that in general we are very happy with the care. I also made it sound like I was mostly concerned that the sub system needed some tweaking as opposed to blaming a particular person. At least in my mind I tried to. I even offered up the "maybe he was put in a disposable" theory, but she discarded that on her own pretty quickly.
Sounds like the conversation went well. At least the director knows about issues with this sub, so that if they keep coming up something can hopefully be done.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #16
GreenDahlia
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLump View Post
It sounds like it worked out well. That's reassuring that the director was so great about it.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I was pretty pleased to hear that the main teacher had already taken action on behalf of my son, and that the director had already talked to the sub. It makes me more confident in the center as a whole that they took it so seriously and responded so quickly, even if there really isn't anything to be "done".
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I believe you do have a right to be angry and I do think that you should bring it to the director's attention.

BUT, I also think you might be overreacting a smidge as well. EVERYONE has made a mistake or 5 with their own kids, and when others are taking care of them, mistakes can still happen. Just the other day, I was running errands with my own kids, had changed 2 yr old before we left. We got back, she was tired, fell asleep, it was almost 4pm before I realized she was still in the same diaper. And even then I only noticed because it was the only Lovelace we have.

It sounds like this is a one time incident, the way you describe it. So, be upset that it happened, be angry that they tried to cover it, bring it to the director's attention so they can address the issue with the subs, but do all of that with the understanding that mistakes can and do happen.

JMHO.
We were posting at the same time, so I missed this the first time through. I completely agree, I certainly can not claim to be error free when it comes to caring for my child. This is exactly why I posted here, to try and keep things in perspective. Thanks!