Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Short losses in vision?

Question for you mommas, one of my little ones has told me that from time to time his vision "pauses" and resumes a few seconds later. I plan to bring him to the eye doctor probably this week or next to have his eyes checked, but has anyone or anyone's children experienced anything like this? I wear glasses and am wondering if he just has eye strain causing it or if it's something more than that. Really just wanted to see if anyone else has heard or or experienced this. He also has been blinking lots and has had a few headaches. All th other symptoms seem to point to him needing glasses. I have just never heard of the vision pauses before.

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Short losses in vision?

How old is he? Maybe it's just the way he's describing it? My son tells me that his eyes "mess up".
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Sometimes when I'm tired/hungry/stand up to fast, my vision goes black for a moment then comes back.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Sometimes when I'm tired/hungry/stand up to fast, my vision goes black for a moment then comes back.
This is what I was thinking. Headaches and temporary vision loss kinda makes me nervous. Is his blood pressure too low? Does he get dizzy? If the eye doc is inconclusive, I'd take him into the ped to have this checked out too.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Yes this happens to me too, but it goes black or looks fuzzy, he is saying it doesn't go black but just pauses.....maybe its the same thing and he just describes it differently. I had seizures as a child and have been concerned about that somewhat, I ended up outgrowing them and they said I had nothing obvious wrong when it was taking place. Guess we will start with the eye doc and go from there.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post

Yes this happens to me too, but it goes black or looks fuzzy, he is saying it doesn't go black but just pauses.....maybe its the same thing and he just describes it differently. I had seizures as a child and have been concerned about that somewhat, I ended up outgrowing them and they said I had nothing obvious wrong when it was taking place. Guess we will start with the eye doc and go from there.
A family history of seizures makes it more concerning, but he likely wouldn't remember a seizure. Definitely get it checked out if you're concerned
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote