Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would there be interest in hatching chicken eggs?

My brahma is a light. Very pretty gal! I saw her lay an egg today so I'm incubating it to see what happens. She has heavily feathered legs and toes.

Congrats on the good finds on craigs!

Well, I found shoe-box size priority boxes, but I have to save a little for the bubble wrap.
Once I get some, I'll be able to do the lotto. Thinking I really want to do more than just one Moma though. Ah!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd be interested!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #23
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok Momas! I got hubby to run me to town and get me some bubble-wrap.

I still have to get the boxes from the po. I can either ship monday or tuesday.
Most of my girls lay lateer in the day so I will be sending eggs from around lunchtime the day before being sent.

Please update your first post if you can sens pp and recieve eggs at that time.

I will package and weigh and then contact the winner. There is a chance I can pick 2 winners.

If you would like eggs in the spring or at a later time, I'll only charge the reg $2.50 per dozen for them, plus the pp fees and shipping. So still very cheap. I like the idea of giving more momas the chance to enjoy chickens at a reasionalble cost. I don't see us running out of eggs.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 12-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
joyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
If you would like eggs in the spring or at a later time, I'll only charge the reg $2.50 per dozen for them, plus the pp fees and shipping. So still very cheap..
would that be cheap or cheep?

thought you'd be amused to know i have a black sex-link hen who loves to come into the house to lay her daily egg. right in the corner of my living room. (it's finally cool enough here in FL to leave the door open instead of running the a/c.)

since craigslist is a bust for you, @sarahannecloud9, you might also try cruising the bulletin board at your local feed store. i bet there are some people near you posting either ISO of IHA for hatching eggs.
joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #25
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Winner contacted.

Joy- really!! That is just so cool. I thought my girls were silly because they try to get in the van!!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #26
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't hear from the first Moma, so another winner has been pm'd. I have the eggs ready so there is a bit of a rush.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Smile Re: Would there be interest in hatching chicken eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I found a moma on byc that may be willing to trade some of my cd stuff for some eggs!!!!!??? Yay at even the thought.
How cool is that?

Did you try local facebook groups for networking chicken trades/egg sales?

I have one called "country chicks", that is how I made my match with the trade chick for chick over the weekend.

What a nice ffs!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #28
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resellmybelle View Post
How cool is that?

Did you try local facebook groups for networking chicken trades/egg sales?

I have one called "country chicks", that is how I made my match with the trade chick for chick over the weekend.

What a nice ffs!

How the heck do you search local? I can never find that option. What an excelent idea hun!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, the Moma couldn't get the eggs atm. I'm gonna contact another Moma. I already have the eggs and need to do this fast!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #29
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:
I would be interested! We tried hatching eggs last year and it was a bust. I paid about $40 for them! We already have 5 chickens and that's all our coop will hold, so if we are chosen, when the chicks are several weeks old they would be given to a family in need who can take care of them. We already have everything to make the incubator too!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #30
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This thread is amazing!!! It made me tear up so bad missing living in the country. Loved reading through here and your chick pic is so adorable. Really sweet what you ladies are doing!