Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #31
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna View Post

Well at least you know they will get clean. Lots of hot rinses/ washes to get it out. Will help strip old funk too.
Does hot water help detergent rinse out better? I love the Target pristine biodegradeable detergent, but I'm having to do lots of rinses (way less than Tide, but still too much) and I feel like it's such a waste.

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #32
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712

Does hot water help detergent rinse out better? I love the Target pristine biodegradeable detergent, but I'm having to do lots of rinses (way less than Tide, but still too much) and I feel like it's such a waste.
Yes, hot or warm water will help detergent rinse out better than cold. I only have to do one short warm wash/cold rinse with tide F&G. Do you think you are using to much detergent? Vinegar also helps break down detergent and I always had about half to a full cup to the rinse wash. Though I've read vinegar can not be good for some with hard water.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna View Post

Yes, hot or warm water will help detergent rinse out better than cold. I only have to do one short warm wash/cold rinse with tide F&G. Do you think you are using to much detergent? Vinegar also helps break down detergent and I always had about half to a full cup to the rinse wash. Though I've read vinegar can not be good for some with hard water.
Maybe. I've been using the detergent for a few weeks and its working well, I just haven't figured out how little I can use but still get the dipes clean. I've been using up to line 2, but I just did a load with up to line 1 and a little splash of bleach. I really need to just change up one thing at a time and figure it out that way.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #34
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712

Maybe. I've been using the detergent for a few weeks and its working well, I just haven't figured out how little I can use but still get the dipes clean. I've been using up to line 2, but I just did a load with up to line 1 and a little splash of bleach. I really need to just change up one thing at a time and figure it out that way.
I agree with the just change one thing at a time. Good luck
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote