Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What is the difference between a SCAN Form (USPS) and regular Delivery Confirmation?

This is the first time I used the USPS click 'n ship for my shipping needs. I am confused by what a SCAN form is. Is this just another way of saying Delivery Confirmation? I already sent my package and thought that I would automatically be able to track it online. I forgot to print the SCAN form, now what?

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
The SCAN form is like one gigantic DC barcode for all of the packages you sent. You're supposed to present to the PO/postman to scan. When they do, it marks all packages linked in that SCAN as accepted.

The biggest benefit to SCAN is that while the PO isn't required to scan in each individual package with DC except upon receipt and delivery, they ARE required to always scan a SCAN label.

https://www.usps.com/clicknship/scan-form.htm

There's the USPS info, and here is a more detailed explanation: http://www.etsy.com/teams/7919/usps-...scuss/6776335/

I have no advice as to what you could possibly do since you've mailed already without it. I imagine you would put in each package # individually to check?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 12-12-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the difference between a SCAN Form (USPS) and regular Delivery Confirmati

Thanks for the info! It's just that I am a little confused because when I ship through paypal and I choose DC, it will track it through it's journey. So why print the SCAN form?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the difference between a SCAN Form (USPS) and regular Delivery Confirmati

The only reason I could come up with is if you have multiple packages. If you only have one, it seems rather pointless.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper_girl_76 View Post
The only reason I could come up with is if you have multiple packages. If you only have one, it seems rather pointless.
Oh, ok got it!