Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

Carseat installed incorrectly by carseat tech?

I got my carseat checked at the hospital before bringing the LO home, and the carseat tech there made sure the base was tight enough and the carseat was level in the base. A few days later when we were taking the baby out, I noticed that when the carseat is in the base, there's some orange showing in the level window (we have a Graco SnugRide 35), meaning that it's not installed correctly. I was surprised, as I was pretty sure it looked right when the carseat tech was showing me how to do it.

I also notice that when the carseat is on the floor, I also see some orange in the level window. Is that the way it's supposed to be? I'm wondering if I need to re-install the carseat base.

Advertisement

shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
kanga1622
Registered Users

Re: Carseat installed incorrectly by carseat tech?

The orange showing when you have it sitting one the floor is totally normal.

We occasionally saw orange when the seat was in the base if we parked someplace on an angle (like our driveway). If you were on a level surface and saw two colors, I would re-install it according to the directions in the manual.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Sometimes, over time, the angle of a car seat can change slightly. It is possible that the tech gave a "pass" on an incorrectly installed car seat, but it is also possible that it has shifted just a bit, and though it started out fine, it's not fine any more. (Which, incidentally, is one reason why EVERY tech should teach parents how to install their seats instead of just doing it for them! Parents should be able to tell if their seat is installed correctly and re-install whenever necessary. )

Anyway, yes, just find a level surface to park on and re-install. And continue to check periodically to make sure everything is A-OK.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
shoebert
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! You know, it's probably because he checked it when my car was in the hospital parking garage, which is at a bit of an angle. I guess I'll have to re-install it and get it checked again.
shoebert is offline   Reply With Quote