Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Let's talk weight gain

I think I just have to get myself in the mindset that I will gain what I will. I'm trying to be proactive about it but I'm not as obsessive about it this time as I was last time. I know that in the end I probably won't even think about it b/c I'll be focused on so many other things.
I guess this time around I'm not as clueless and optimistic about the things that can and will go wrong during pregnancy and I'm stressing about every little thing. Ugh, its frustrating, I'd rather just be as dumb as I was last time.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Reading this thread has made me feel much better. I thought I was SO off the charts being at 21 pounds up at just 24 weeks.
DD: 52 pounds
DS: 61 pounds
At this rate, not expecting much different and not planning to change much to make it different as it doesn't seem to make a difference anyway and the weight all comes off fairly easily for me afterwards - takes a long time (more than a year), but that's just how my body "does" pregnancy I guess.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I gained 24 lbs with DS and I have gained 10 lbs so far with this boy at 29 weeks. I did just get over horrid stomach flu and I do not know how much I lost. I was 12 lbs heavier this time when I got pregnant because DS was only 7 mo and I was still breastfeeding. I do not lose weight when I am breastfeeding, it sucks.....
Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've gained WAY more than I planned on at 22 weeks I was up 22 pounds. Since the beginning I've gained an average if a pound a week. I'm all belly though and I "popped" by 11 weeks. I could make better choices with food at times but I'm not eating obnoxious amounts of food so I've just tried to accept that I'm going to gain what I gain.
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have gained 3 lbs so far. I don't tend to gain much during pregnancy, but get 20+ lbs while nursing. My body is so stubborn and won't allow me to loose weight while nursing.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #16
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I've gained a ton. The most I've ever gained before (and the first time I haven't measured WAY ahead). I can't remember if I started at 148 or 158, but when I got pregnant had just lost 8 lbs after coming off a post-miscarriage binging episode (horrible). So I even gained in the first trimester, which is unusual for me.

I really think I started at 158, so I've gained almost 30lbs in 27 weeks. If I started at 148, yikes!!!! I'm a chunker. And very much looking forward to taking this weight off. My NP is very supportive and says everything, including the weight gain, is great. Still trying to slow the weight down, as lately I have been gaining 1.5-2lbs a week.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm up 10.6 pounds right now, I am eating constantly due to low blood sugars so I'm expecting more gain.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow there is such a difference in weight gains. After my appointment yesterday I'm not so stressed, I'm only up 14 lbs at 25+ weeks, so not bad. I guess I was afraid I'd gain more than last time because its winter instead of summer and I'm lazier this time.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #19
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by va703 View Post
I'm just the opposite, I started out about 10 lbs heavier this time around. I've had different amounts of weight gain with each pregnancy, varying between 30 and 75 lbs. (I get puffy and the last 2 times a LOT of weight was fluid.....I lost 30 lbs in the hospital last time I delivered between baby and whatever I peed out. I felt like a sponge that had been wrung out.)

This time I've gained 25 pounds so far at 27 weeks. I'd like to keep it under 40 total, but I have no idea if that will actually happen. And yes, I'm stressing about it. Being a few years older has made weight harder to lose!
I do this too, I lost 45lbs in the first 4 days with ODD and probably 25 in the first few days with YDD. It's crazy. Hope I have that much water weight this time because if everything I've gained is legit I'm in trouble, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
I've gained a ton. The most I've ever gained before (and the first time I haven't measured WAY ahead). I can't remember if I started at 148 or 158, but when I got pregnant had just lost 8 lbs after coming off a post-miscarriage binging episode (horrible). So I even gained in the first trimester, which is unusual for me.

I really think I started at 158, so I've gained almost 30lbs in 27 weeks. If I started at 148, yikes!!!! I'm a chunker. And very much looking forward to taking this weight off. My NP is very supportive and says everything, including the weight gain, is great. Still trying to slow the weight down, as lately I have been gaining 1.5-2lbs a week.
I'm in this boat too... on track to be the highest weight gain, and baby is measuring a few days behind -ugh-. I feel like a porker and it's frustrating b/c I haven't increased my food intake much if at all. I think the problem is that YDD has been weaning and my intake didn't go down with the milk production . I also know with ODD I was pregnant the same time of year and the holiday and winter don't help with weight gain! With YDD it was soooo much easier somehow...

I'm really just trying to remind myself that
1. I lost so much weight before getting pregnant that unless I gain another 30+lbs from now to april I'll still weigh less at delivery than I did last time and
2. I've lost way more weight than I gained with each pregnancy (was down 140lbs from my PP weight with ODD before I got PG again) so I can and will get this weight off too. It's just really hard for me to gain weight after feeling like I finally had my body back
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Oh my! It takes me a while to lose the water. I usually leave the hospital as heavy or heavier than I went in (and I have 9-10lb babies). My body holds the fluids for several weeks after, too. I still look full-term pregnant for 2-4 weeks, then a lot falls off. I've had two long inductions followed by c/s, though. I'm sure they gave me a ridiculous amount of fluids with all the other junk.

With my 1st as soon as I gave up on bfing the weight fell off. With my 2nd weight loss was slow and steady and took at least a year. But if I exercised too much my milk supply decreased, so I wasn't too aggressive with that side of things. And since I had a nursling I was scared to lose more than a pound or so a week.