Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
mlgurney
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ways to draw in good daycare parents..

You can totally do daycare without being licensed! Don't let that discourage you. I have had an inhome daycare for over 5 years now, and I'm not licensed. We don't have to be in the state that I live in as long as you watch 4 kids or less. I have found most of my families from craigslist and word of mouth. When I first got started it took me about 3 months to become full. Since then, when I lose a family (because of going to school or a lost job) it has only taken me around a month or less to fill that spot. It's the hardest getting started. PM if you have any other questions. Your space looks very inviting and cute. I will agree with everyone else about not getting clients by doing this though. I would never leave my child at someone's house if I didn't know them or interview with them and check references first.

Advertisement

mlgurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ways to draw in good daycare parents..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgurney View Post
You can totally do daycare without being licensed! Don't let that discourage you. I have had an inhome daycare for over 5 years now, and I'm not licensed. We don't have to be in the state that I live in as long as you watch 4 kids or less
We legally HAVE to be licensed, for ANY child that is not my own. Even if I was watching my nieces and nephews, I legally would have to be licensed. So I need to get it eventually, unfortunately. And they require a LOT, and it's somewhere around $600 worth of inspections, items for the home, classes, etc. But I already have $200 of it done.

On a HAPPY update note... I'm almost full! Through Craigslist, I had a couple parents come last week that wanted part time, and now want full time! So it appears I just needed to be patient for the right people!! They don't start until January, so they all could back out before then, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote