Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets
On big things, yes. But ask him to give up (or wash) ziplocks, papertowels, toilet paper, or his beloved tide and youd have a fight on your hands And he'd prefer dispoable diapers over the cloth any day of the week. He likes the savings from the girls and I using the reusable stuff/homemade detergent but not enough to join us lol
This is my dh too. He thinks its cool we do it but he doesn't want to lol.

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is your hubby as thrify as you?

ON some aspectes my SO is thriftier then me. on others no. It really depends on WHAT though. He is good at finding good sales on items (better then me sometimes)
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #13
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
Is it going to totally weird you out if I say that I've missed ya?? Really though, seems like we are kind of like minded in a lot of ways. I feel like dh and I are pretty much on the same level thrifty wise....but everyone has their days. I've caught dh on a few of those days and was kinda surprised. For example, today was one of those days for me. I'm a ziploc washing, line drying (wannabe), love to stretch every penny, Tightwad Gazette loving...you get the idea. But today, today...I somehow missed my foster daughter getting off the bus, it had to have been early. They drove her all the way back to town and she waited a solid half hour for me to get there. I couldn't believe it. She was so neglected all her life, so attached to me yet completely insecure in feeling loved...she is the last child that needs to feel forgotten by her Mommy. I headed straight to McDonalds for Happy Meals. I had to find some way to divert her attention and to make all of us feel better. $20 for lunch is a major no-no in my book, but today it just did not matter. Maybe you caught dh on one of those days??? New baby in the house with a whole crew to take care of?? I wouldn't be surprised.
I TOTALLY noticed you a few days ago on a thread and thought how I hadn't been around since your lil guy was new! Congrats on your daughter too, how does it feel to have a girl around? Ditto, very likeminded, which is why you stuck out in my mind and I enjoy you too! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
This is my DH pretty much. I don't mind driving a beater car and he'd rather drive a nice car with a loan (of course a nice car to him is one that is used with low mileage and is a model like a Ford). So at least he doesn't have ridiculous taste, like wanting BMWs, Escalades etc.

I've gotten him to switch to unpaper towels but I'll still catch him using a paper towel when I am not around (I keep them for cat puke). He has perhaps at times accused me of being a "paper towel monitor."

I have to say that I am not nearly as thrifty as most of you mamas. I don't wash out ziplocs (I will save ones that held "plain" items like crackers or bread). But if it held anything wet or heavily flavored it gets pitched. And I hate line drying here, it's so dusty that everything dried outside feels stiff and smells like dirt.
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Nope, I am much thriftier than DH. Thankfully, he is not a huge spender, but he just doesn't think about things the way I do. When I go to the grocery store, I make my list, use my coupons, compare brands and sizes, etc. If he goes, he wouldn't go crazy buying steak or anything, but he would just buy the things we needed without thinking about anything else. He won't give up our satellite package, but he has the smaller $50 package rather than the more expensive ones. I stopped buying paper towels and he complained for a while, but quickly got used to using cloth instead. Same with cloth sandwich bags. Most things he is willing to go along with, but would never even think about doing them unless I came up with them.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
drabekgirl
Registered Users

He is the one who wants the ziplocks washed out here, i don't unless it was a dry item that was stored in it. He is ok with un-paper towel so long as I have a few on hand to clean up dog puke. I have family cloth but I keep regular TP for anyone to use as well. He is more likely to put the clothes in the drier during the summer than I am. he'd rather the 5gal of whatever cloth detergent and I think Tide works better and its easier to pour. He still thinks I should buy the 1 gallon can of baked beans etc. instead of the smaller sizes that I actually need and can use. He has been grocery shopping with me since Sept and its actually been going OK, he couldn't figure out why I need more grocery money now he sees that the prices have jumped. But when it comes to house remodel we are not on the same page, I'd rather hire it out as he rarely completes detailed tasks while he would rather do it himself and save the money. take our roof or the basement neither are fully completed. Oh our roof of 5.5 years doesn't leak he just never got around to getting or putting up the flashing. the basement walls after living here with them unfinished (not all the way drywalled) for almost 9 years he finally put the last of the drywall up. don't even ask if he is doing the muding b/c he is NOT last time he "muded" a room he forgot to do the corners and I can see all the seams.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH's philosophy is "you can't take it when you're dead", so no, he's not thrifty at all.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh is not thrifty here either. It is a constant battle. He just doesn't get money from the checkbook to combining errands to save gas to waiting to buy something until you have the money (vs credit cards). This is the biggest area of conflict between us.
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #18
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by mrspopo; 07-08-2013 at 01:00 AM.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #19
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thriftier . It can be tough sometimes because I don't have his self restraint.

They were kidding him at work yesterday about his thriftiness. No one is teasing me I'll tell you that

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 AM   #20
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely not and it makes me insane.
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote